PDA

View Full Version : I thought it was April!

02TafWhtSi
04-07-2003, 01:47 PM
Let's play "Find the EP"...

02TafWhtSi
04-07-2003, 01:49 PM
April 7 and look what a mess old man winter has left...

IceD out N CALI
04-07-2003, 01:53 PM
whoa:eek:

RiceCzechs
04-07-2003, 02:02 PM
Hmmm... "Find The EP" is a game that is sweeping the nation!! For what its worth, I suggest looking under the minivan... it can usually be found lurking there.

;)

BlairSpeed
04-07-2003, 02:30 PM
:( poor EP, someone needs a garage, bad!!! :'(

1abSi
04-07-2003, 02:44 PM
damn it was like 80 here

02TafWhtSi
04-07-2003, 03:07 PM
Originally posted by BlairSpeed

You're tellin' me! I almost got desperate enough to buy one of those driveway canapies but I'm not sure if it would fit:(
And my EP hates the snow!!:mad:

BlackBullet02Si
04-07-2003, 03:42 PM
winter = salt
salt = dirty

arghhhh. lol I'm so sick of winter. I thought finally I could give my EP the waxing she deserves, but of course not, it has to snow in april.:'( :'( :'(

Hopefully we'll get a heat wave tomorrow and it'll miraculously melt all the snow.

I miss driving already

Tekdemon
04-07-2003, 04:14 PM
Wow i thought Jersey dodged the cold bullet because NYC didn't get the giant covering of sleety ice that covered Rochester/Buffalo/Syracuse.

There was so much sleet and then it all just merged into huge sheets of ice like 2" thick...I have to climb down stairs here to get back to my dorm and that was NOT fun...you could very easily kill yourself since the guard rails you would normally hold on to were completely frozen over with ice too and had a slick layer of water on top to boot...so it slid like crazy.

Power was knocked out here, and they even closed the post office and stuff...so as you may imagine, it was not a good time to go for a drive.

I'm headed out to my car now(it's a 20+ minute bus ride and I've been waiting for the bus for about half an hour...yes my parking sucks that bad and yes I've probably moaned about it before, but here we go again). Oh and technically my parking spot is in a different city!

Dorm-Rochester
Parking Spot-uhhh I forget the name of the city it's parked in...it's a suburb city/town but the point is that it sucks ass that I'm technically not even in the same city as my car most of the time. What the hell kinda ass parking do we have?!

And the school president says he knows the parking sucks but they only have 3 ways of dealing with the parking shortage:
a) Keeping parking ridiculously far away
b) Paving over the grass and stuff and making parking
c) Building tall building for indoor parking

And basically he said he's gonna forget about b since it would make our campus ugly like RIT's(but RIT has nice parking lol) and that c is way too expensive(you'd think with the tuition hikes here our 38K a year tuition and board would let them build some friggin parking, but noooo). And it's stupid to ignore option b since there's a field that essentially a craphole of mud and weeds behind a gymnasium that's pretty much not used for anything, and is ugly as hell. But of course, they won't dig it up.

Plus they decided to get RID of a parking lot that was closer to the dorms and put in trees in the middle of two lanes and put huge raised walkareas between the sidewalks to cross the street so that you basically have a speed bump every block but without warning signs(my father flew over it one time and basically had one wheel on the sidewalk because the raised area heads there-and he was driving faster than you really should have been-of course he nearly repeated this about 30 times more in his Camry lol) so if you've never been on campus be very alert =P

Ok sorry for the ridiculous rant about parking injected into my post =( but the snow and ice just reminds me of Rochester and that reminds me of the crappy parking...particularly since I'm STILL waiting for my bus...gaarrgh

ADAMnQuickCIVIC
04-07-2003, 04:14 PM
Originally posted by BlairSpeed

Thank god i finally just cleaned out my garage last week after multiple trips to the dump.
I'm currently installing an intake right now while there's about 3-4 inches outside.
NICE!

02NJHondaep3
04-07-2003, 05:23 PM
At least ur car is in your driveway. When they let me out of school i had to first find my car. I hit the panic button and set off everyones alarms. :D When i found the snow covered minivan i had to clean it with my sleeve since i took everything out to reduce weight. then finally after some sliding and fake "drifting" i made it home thank god.:angel:

Suk02Si
04-07-2003, 05:55 PM
Old man winter is one grumpy SOB.:D

It was pretty nice today, a clear 85 deg with a slight breeze.:)

Mugen Power
04-07-2003, 06:02 PM
The one good thing about this storm is that the other day when it was sleeting/freezing raining like crazy, it layered the whole car with a thick sheet of ice (even the sides!), which included the antenna. With the ice, the antenna had a diameter of about 3 inches. I think it might stop some people from thinking about stealing it in that condition. :D

foilpan
04-07-2003, 07:27 PM
enough winter! i was talking with a friend the other day and he told me we've had about 7 months of winter. i didn't even realize it... snow started falling here in the northeast in october. sometimes i forget my car's black...

esmith13
04-07-2003, 08:13 PM
I *JUST* finished a 3 step polish/wax treatment using the "Mother's" products....

I was sooooo pissed!!!

Then, later today I noticed the ice and snow sliding off the car and the wonderful sight of beading water!!!

There is NOTHING like some loving care and attention for your baby EP!!!

Of course, now I'm itching to redo the last steps to keep my baby purdy!!!

Eric.

icegrill
04-07-2003, 09:06 PM
You poor bastards, I live in Montana and we don't even have snow anymore.

golferjn
04-07-2003, 11:38 PM
that's a lot of snow for april

IceD out N CALI
04-07-2003, 11:39 PM
Originally posted by golferjn
that's a lot of snow for april

sure is :o

crex2nr
04-08-2003, 02:12 AM
sorry to see your ep like that. thank God i had mine in the garage last night, because we got hit with a couple of inches too!