PDA

View Full Version : Closing the Hood

raiyo
04-07-2003, 05:03 PM
Do we have to drop our hood at a high level in order for it to close? Why can't it be like the old Hondas and push it down? I don't like hearing the BAM when I close my hood, just hurts hearing it. Am I missing some useful techique here?

02NJHondaep3
04-07-2003, 05:18 PM
yeah i hate that i worry all the time. Our hoods arent that heavy anyway tho. The first day i got it i got scared i couldnt close the hood i parked it in the garage and borrowed my dads car to go to work. When i got home my parents looked at me like if i was dumb:D

Si4U2NV
04-07-2003, 06:13 PM
When i bought my car, the salezguy told me to hold it at a 30 degree angle and drop it...;)

02nighthawksivi...ure CRAZY! u didnt drive your car cuz u were scared of closing the hood?!?!?!:D :rolleyes:

-Mike

chubbychu
04-07-2003, 06:18 PM
i wonder if we can put some of those hydraulic arms to automatically open our hood...those are the coolest...other than that...yea closing the hood does suck

siver-SI
04-07-2003, 07:00 PM
Just do what I did with my race hondas put in a set of hood pins. LOL That way you do not have to have a far drop for the hood.

Loudpedal
04-07-2003, 07:29 PM
Mine will not close with a "click", so I just drop it from about waist height. Just think of it as a satisfying "slam".

sonic imperial
04-08-2003, 07:30 AM
If you look in the owner's manual there's a section that tells you that you have to let the hood drop from a certain height in order to close properly. Something like 10 inches I think, I'd have to go look. So that should make you feel a little better. Just don't drop it from way up high or anything, just enough to get it to close down right.

Spidey
04-08-2003, 06:10 PM
make sure before you close it that you don't have any tools in the way or sitting on top of the engine, otherwise you're gonna make a nice dent pushing up from the hood. :eek:

siver-SI
04-08-2003, 06:13 PM
Have seen that done and have almost done that. Freeked when I changed my head lights at first because I droped the hood and did not look if anything was in the way. Then I remembered that I did not use any tools. LOL I have to say that I liked the old type hoods because you could look under the hood while closing and if you caught anything you could stop and not do any dammage.

SmoothOperator
04-08-2003, 07:09 PM
I don't see what the big dillema is here.....
I always set my hood down onto the latch, then push on it till it clicks shut. Isn't difficult guys. Works just fine.

02NJHondaep3
04-08-2003, 07:33 PM
Originally posted by Si4U2NV

02nighthawksivi...ure CRAZY! u didnt drive your car cuz u were scared of closing the hood?!?!?!:D :rolleyes:

-Mike

Trust me i've heard many stories of people who had their stock/aftermarket hoods fly up and kiss the windshield. When ur a poor teen like me you don't take chances. Unless u can make money:D