PDA

View Full Version : Major Suspension Questiuon!!! Help

Delta Mike
04-07-2003, 05:09 PM
Hi all,

I just had my progressive springs installed (about a 1.8 in drop)
Here is my problem...my steering column starts to shake quite moderately (vibration) when I accelerate, and then eases down when I'm cruising at a constant speed. I had all four wheels aligned after the drop, but still the same problem occurs!

About a week before I did my drop, I ordered 5ziggen 17 inch wheels and a set of kumo tires. I had the wheels balanced at that time. My mechanic told me that he would order my "hub centric rings" from 5Ziggen and that they will be in, in about a week. I noticed only very slight vibration without the rings. But now that I had my drop done....it is UNDRIVEABLE

What could be the problem guys? Was it the drop or the wheels? and has anyone experienced the same thing?

Please help,

Mike

phatsi
04-07-2003, 06:14 PM
no...i had a vibration before with the stock tires and rims and no drop but after the drop and 17's it drives perfect with no vibrations at all....i used progress also....

Suk02Si
04-07-2003, 06:54 PM
make sure all your wheel lugs are tight. If they are, then check the two lower bolts that hold th eshock to the hub, they may be loose.

JoshSI
04-08-2003, 08:53 AM
Maybe one of your wheels is bent

HondaMan
04-08-2003, 10:18 AM
Try the suggestions above. If the install was done correctly you should not have any vibrations. BTW, I have 17 inch wheels (I have those hub centric rings installed) with Progress springs and no problems. So, my guess is its the wheels (hub centric rings)...provided the springs install was done right.

DocofMind
04-08-2003, 02:12 PM
Did you ever install the hub centric rings? Thats your problem right there.

taikahn
04-08-2003, 07:18 PM
Originally posted by DocofMind
Did you ever install the hub centric rings? Thats your problem right there.

EXACTLY!

Delta Mike
04-08-2003, 07:34 PM
Hey guys

We figured out the problem and it was due to some loose bolts after the drop. Whew!!!! I'm glad it was nothing major.

Anyway...as for my drop...I love it, although a do have some negative camver (about 2 degrees) in the rear

Anyone know of a good (simple to install) camber kit?

Thanks for all the help,

Mike