PDA

View Full Version : A/C turns on with defroster?

02TafWhtSi
06-18-2002, 08:18 PM
My A/C automatically turns on when I use my front defroster - and it WON'T turn off! This is really annoying that I cant override this. Not only does it use more gas but it saps precious power from the engine. My 00' EX never did this and just wanted to know if its Honda playing Big Brother again or is a glitch with mine individually.

2k2civicSi
06-18-2002, 08:42 PM
no mine does it to you cant turn it off but you can turn on hot air i duno if that helps the preformance issue but it will get really hot

Mulder
06-18-2002, 09:52 PM
The theory behind the AC being on while defrosting is: The AC dehumidfies the air.

Ever jump in a car when it's raining and your kinda wet. Turn on the defrost to hot and the windows steam up. Then you have to duck to see thru the clear area in the windshield to drive. I did, and it use to suck.

rocket_civic
06-18-2002, 09:53 PM
read you manual its suppose to do that. no way around it. It should also do it when you turn on the defrost and lower blower as well.

And eys there is a power difference as well. Just open your windows and sunroof :D

SBC31
06-19-2002, 06:40 AM
Working as designed, car company's started doing this in the late 1990's to all cars with A/C. I think Honda started doing it for the 2000 model year