PDA

View Full Version : Im scared for my car...

civic hatch boi
08-03-2002, 12:16 PM
I'm so scared about theft... i bought an autolock but it doesn't even fit.. GREAT!!! ... and there's no other anti theft device out there that'll fit ours cars... what can i do??? i have an alarm(w/o pager) and that's it...

2k2civicSi
08-03-2002, 12:24 PM
Lojack

SBC31
08-03-2002, 12:30 PM
I know how you feel, luckily it's not too bad where I live.

Let us know what you do get for a theft system.

DJQuikFingaz
08-03-2002, 12:54 PM
Best anti-theft device...

http://www.digitalpose.com/mbr/1/5523/p/42653_3200688712442211895.jpg
CF BAT

civic hatch boi
08-03-2002, 01:32 PM
haha, u guys are funny.. bu tlojack is useless.. by the time i find out it's stolen, it'll be far gone..

DJQuikFingaz
08-03-2002, 02:08 PM
What about Master Lock? http://www.masterlock.com/images/color_img/255DAT.jpg
http://www.masterlock.com/cgi-bin/product_detail.pl?sub_cat_id=D255&template=style
Even If your Autolock did fit, it would be pretty easy for a theif to get it off. They could use this thing called The Buster. http://www.clubbuster.com/cb_images/cb_brake.jpg
It can break your autolock right off.
http://www.clubbuster.com/clubbuster.htm

iR-VTEC2
08-03-2002, 02:52 PM
hehe buster.

That thing sucks. It takes minutes to break the autoloc not 60 seconds, thats bullshit. Ive seen it. ALSO, it has to be done while doing it squatting down and outside of the car. Not a very safe feeling for theifs.

The buster has been easily circumvented at a local securities show here. All you had to do was weld a 3" plate around two sides of the middle of the autoloc....and the buster could not get a grasp of it.

I mean c'mon. it uses a wrench!

DJQuikFingaz
08-03-2002, 03:07 PM
All you had to do was weld a 3" plate around two sides of the middle of the autoloc....and the buster could not get a grasp of it.
Some people don't think of these things.

JSIR
08-03-2002, 03:24 PM
don't you think the stock immobilizer is good enough to reduce theft chances ?, unless they have master keys available to them. I think we are pretty save unless you are dealing with real professional thieves (most aren't) or flat bed tow trucks.

iR-VTEC2
08-03-2002, 03:55 PM
Originally posted by DJQuikFingaz

Some people don't think of these things.

Including the Autoloc company. But they shouldnt even have to worry, that club buster takes so long to use.

Someone should make a SEAT LOCK, so your seat moves allll the way forward and stays there till you open the car with your microchipped key. That Plus the autoloc plus the pit bull in you car plus snipers on the roof plus that one fat cousin named tiffany wearing SPANDEX sitting next to your car going "heeeeyy playah", SHOULD deter theives.
Yess'm

DynaSpeed
08-03-2002, 03:58 PM
That's funny....:D

The "seat lock" idea is quite good though. Did you think of that yourself? It would be extremely easy for a car-maker to do (with electronic seats, of course), and I believe it would be hard as hell to drive a car like that. :)

(I can't get Tiffany out of my head)

MagusDC5
08-03-2002, 04:38 PM
Originally posted by JSIR
don't you think the stock immobilizer is good enough to reduce theft chances ?, unless they have master keys available to them. I think we are pretty save unless you are dealing with real professional thieves (most aren't) or flat bed tow trucks.

No. Ive seen posts on CRSX of people's Type S' being stolen..and we have immobilizer and a security system on our car. All the immobilizer is is an RF signal sent to the key when your ignition is started.

civic hatch boi
08-03-2002, 04:40 PM
dj, is tha tmasterlock thing real? do you have one? does it only protect the streering wheel from getting jacked? or the whole car?

iR-VTEC2
08-03-2002, 04:44 PM
Originally posted by DynaSpeed
That's funny....:D

The "seat lock" idea is quite good though. Did you think of that yourself? It would be extremely easy for a car-maker to do (with electronic seats, of course), and I believe it would be hard as hell to drive a car like that. :)

(I can't get Tiffany out of my head)

Nah...make it so as soon as your car is locked and all doors are closed,plus a pressure sensitive plate in the seat matched only to your body weight give or take 10 pounds, it moves the seat (transformer style) all the way to the front.

hows that?!?

DJQuikFingaz
08-03-2002, 07:51 PM
No, I don't have one. I've only seen it on infomercials. They claim it acts the same as the club, except 3 hooks hook onto the steering wheel, and it also claims to protect your airbag from theft. They also have some kind of $100,000 warranty...or was it $10,000?

civic hatch boi
08-03-2002, 08:26 PM
dang, i checked it out...
one to keep from car theft.. $45 5lbs
then another one from car theft+air bag = $82 21lbs

i found a place that sells the $82 for $30!!! but it stinking weights 21lbs!!!!!!!!! isn't that sorta heavy for my steering wheel? id on't want the nice leather with red stitching to be ruined :) wut shoul di do.

DJQuikFingaz
08-03-2002, 09:56 PM
I'm tellin' ya man, get a CF Type-R Bat. hehehe:D

m0ns00n
08-03-2002, 11:54 PM
I'm tellin' ya man, get a CF Type-R Bat. hehehe:D

Still too technical guys. If you really want to stop thieves you need a big set of teeth with a dog attached to them.

Those who are worried about the negative effect that the weight of the dog will have on their Si's performance may take the following route:

1. Purchase two sets of kiddie water wings
2. put one on each leg of the canine
3. Inflate with helium.

You choice of dog is important as it must be sufficiently shit-your-pants scary looking to offset the image of a barking, levitating dog with pink wings.

Warning: only inflate floatation devices INSIDE the vehicle as airbourne pitbulls are a menace to all.

iR-VTEC2
08-04-2002, 02:50 AM
CUJO should do it!

civic hatch boi
08-04-2002, 02:58 AM
what's cujo?

iR-VTEC2
08-04-2002, 04:49 AM
whats cujo!??!!? Man i feel old.

Cujo was a stephen king book about a St. Bernard with rabies. I was scarred for life!

civic hatch boi
08-04-2002, 10:52 AM
who's stephen king?

haha jk

civic hatch boi
08-04-2002, 02:22 PM
so what should i do??
should i get the MasterLock even tho it weighs 21 lbs??? or do you guys think that's sorta heavy to be hanging on our nice Momo steering wheels???

BlasTech
10-20-2002, 05:27 PM
I once read a funny post on HT about a guy who made a little black seat cushion loaded with needles. He knew to move it before he sat down, but the unsuspecting perp was in for a big surprise. Funny, but not realistic.

I've had ideas about pulling fuses or ECUs or even little bolts stuck under the gas pedal that prevent it from moving, but you just gotta have decent insurance and common sense where you park. If they want your car, they'll get it.

civic hatch boi
10-20-2002, 05:31 PM
thnx blastech. that post was over 2 months old hahah

BlasTech
10-20-2002, 05:38 PM
I dont know how it ended up in the top of my new posts list... :D
I must have some wierd cookie malfunction. "Welcome to Macintosh, the rest of the world hates your OS." :(

nx2kta
10-20-2002, 06:04 PM
i use to have a lexus is 300 but it got stolen
if they want it they will get it

natesi
10-20-2002, 06:06 PM
Wait a sec....

I have the Auto Lock Pro and it fits our cars. What you talk'in 'bout Willis?!?!

I can take pics if you want. I use it every night. There have been two cars stolen from my lot in the last month!!

civic hatch boi
10-20-2002, 06:12 PM
yes. play take pics

Jpax
10-20-2002, 06:15 PM
Best anti-theft device...

http://www.digitalpose.com/mbr/1/5523/p/42653_3200688712442211895.jpg
CF BAT

i can make you one :p

DjMacAtack
10-20-2002, 06:27 PM
i have a physics professor with a 60's model camaro but he put his own security device, kinda unconventional though...

He had a steel canister facing outside the driver's side at the feet with a few inches of explosive wire inside attached to a detonater that went off whenever some1 opens the door... it would literally blow the shoes off the crook that tried to open that door. it was a fun idea, maybe if i take more classes i can do something like that.

not with explosives though, you have to own a claim to get that wire... maybe with pepper spray on the roof where that long plastic strip is at... that be fun, till it goes off on me

natesi
10-20-2002, 06:29 PM
It was dark out, but the pics turned out pretty good, considering...

Here ya go...
http://www.go2natesplace.com/misc/autolock2.jpg

http://www.go2natesplace.com/misc/autolock.jpg

IceD out N CALI
10-20-2002, 06:31 PM
that looksl ike it would be effective

civic hatch boi
10-20-2002, 06:32 PM
nice picture.. but i can put it on my brake pedal too... but i find that sorta useless... it's supposed to go on the clutch pedal for maximum efficiency... so that's why i don't even use mine.

natesi
10-20-2002, 06:57 PM
Eh... better than nothing--that's how I look at it. They certianly won't be able to drive very well with the brake pedal locked.

Besides theives are not very smart (obviously, or they wouldn't be stealing in the first place) so maybe they won't figure it out. Have you ever seen what some of the thieves do on that America's Wildest Police Videos program? Hilarious!!

Anyway, the whole idea is to make it as hard as possible. It's just an added difficulty for them, and would be easier to take a different car--that's the idea. PLUS, I use this *with* an aftermarket car alarm (with pager), on top of Honda's key-code "frequency" thing. So, that's three layers of protection. They can still steal it, but you would think they would just want to go to the next car, since there's pleanty of vehicles out there with none of that.

As a side note, DO NOT BUY the new Clifford RS-III (RS3) alarm with pager remote. The range BLOWS--big time. I should have spent the extra $200 and got the Compustar with 1.25 mile range. Clifford claims .25 mile range with the RS-III, but it's NOT even close. Dont buy it. Besides the alarm is so bulky it triggers the buttons on my pocket sometimes. You would think the would design it better.

Oh yea, and you only get ONE remote. How lame.

IceD out N CALI
10-20-2002, 06:59 PM
yup. as long as you make it "more difficult" then the next guys car they will most likely leave your car alone.:)

natesi
10-20-2002, 07:02 PM
The other thing to consider is, if they know you have the autolock (by using the steering wheel cover), they won't know if it's on the brake or the clutch, becuase you can't see it from ouside the car very well.

They would have to break into the car first. But just the idea that it's there and you are using it will probably help deter them.