PDA

View Full Version : Big Problem, Need a Fix!!

Jeremy R
04-08-2003, 05:16 PM
OK guys, I need help.
I am dropped on Sprint springs. I have 16 inch wheels with 205/50 series tires which is the same size as stock.
I put about 2500 miles on my car with this setup without a camber kit. Besides my camber being off, I had no probs.
I just got a camber kit installed, and now I can't even go over a ripple in the road without my tire scrubbing!! It is really bad.
I can't even fit my skinny a$$ index finger inbetween the tire and
wheelwell. It is totally undriveable right now.
Do you guys have any suggestions?
I can't help but think that the problem is the uneven drop.
Up front I can get two fingers between the tire and in the back I can't get any. The front does not scrub at all.
Oh yeah, does anybody know what our stock camber settings are supposed to be? I actually think the guy set them at 0 which could be part of the problem, but honestly it is a long way from being normal. He also said my camber was off the charts when I brought it in. The only solution he knew of was to put some kind of spacer in the back to raise it. I have not ever even heard of this. Sounds scary. Any input would be appreciated.

siver-SI
04-08-2003, 07:09 PM
Ok this is weird when I was at Car Boutique this weekend the guy behind the counter I was talking to about a drop did one on a EP and said I would have this problem if I did a drop over a inch or maybe even less if I installed a Camber kit.

What size tires do you have? That is what I was told would cause the problem that I would have to go with a not as wide tire if I wanted good tire wear. This is why I have pushed off doing this upgrade for a little. Right now I want to find out what tires to get that will fit right with a camber kit and at 1or 1 1/2 inch drop on my EP with a camber kit. I want a adjustable one so when I take it out on the track I can make it turn better but on the road have the good tire wear.