PDA

View Full Version : Removing Wax

raiyo
04-08-2003, 09:26 PM
Just wanted to find out how do you remove old wax from the body? Not going to do it right now, but will in the near future. Another reason why I want to know is because so I can stay away from those certain method/products that can do so. Wouldn't want my hard work go down the drain.

poppasp1ce
04-08-2003, 10:58 PM
Originally posted by raiyo
Just wanted to find out how do you remove old wax from the body? Not going to do it right now, but will in the near future. Another reason why I want to know is because so I can stay away from those certain method/products that can do so. Wouldn't want my hard work go down the drain.

wash with dish detergent. claybar. wash again with car detergent. wax, etc.

AkronSi
04-09-2003, 06:18 AM
When is the last time you waxed your car, and what type of wax did you use (carnuba, polymer, etc...)?

If it has been a long time since you waxed, your wax is probably already gone. But, I agree with poppasp1ce about the dish detergent. That will strip everything off.

ARe you just going to be rewaxing? or polishing/swirl removal? If you were pressed for time, I'm sure that any polish would strip off the old wax at the same time as removing swirls. Just another idea.

esmith13
04-09-2003, 08:44 AM
Mother's Three Step polish/wax system.....

Works everytime, will remove old wax, deep cleanse the paint, polish and remove swirls/fine scratches with a deep wet look, and finally a pure carnuba wax.

Oh, and their car wash helps remove old wax build up too, so I guess it's really a four step if you count the wash....

Eric