PDA

View Full Version : Noisy sunroof fix

BlasTech
04-09-2003, 08:21 AM
If your sunroof makes a wiggly-squiggly noise when you drive with it closed, but the shade is open, theres a simple fix.

1.) open it to the "vent" position (with the back end sticking up)

2.) spray some WD-40 or other lubricant on a paper towel

3.) wipe all the rubber "seals" down real good around the sunroof and its hole.

Just a little thing, but someone might need to know...it should hold for a few months.

Burgh
04-09-2003, 08:53 AM
Yeah, I had a service guy at a dealership tell me the same thing. Haven't tried it yet but it makes sense that it works.

AkronSi
04-09-2003, 09:10 AM
I'll have to give that a try. I thought it was from the sliding shade, and not the actual sunroof. Makes sense though. Thanks.

hamproof
04-09-2003, 09:18 AM
I'm still stuck with that damn rattle. As the weather is warming up, it is not as obvious anymore. Been to the service, but as expected, if they can't hear it, they can't fix it. I was told.

silver ep
04-09-2003, 09:56 AM
What I want is a fix for that damn dash rattling from the left side
Ive got the same problem, I cant figure out what the hell it is! :mad:

X 2KS2K
04-09-2003, 10:39 AM
Originally posted by silver ep

Ive got the same problem, I cant figure out what the hell it is! :mad:

Me too. I had my passenger listen for it the other day hoping they could lock it down. They couldn't hear it. !#@$!#@$!@ It's perfectly audible to me!

hamproof
04-09-2003, 11:05 AM
You'll find tons of threads related to this. I've been trying to find a cure myself.

One poster seem to think it is from the door. I've checked mine and I don't think it is from there.

It is not the cup holder either though it seem like it is.

I'm thinking it is the HVAC tube/vent on the driver side.

BSEVEER
04-10-2003, 12:29 PM
Originally posted by BlasTech
If your sunroof makes a wiggly-squiggly noise when you drive with it closed, but the shade is open, theres a simple fix.

1.) open it to the "vent" position (with the back end sticking up)

2.) spray some WD-40 or other lubricant on a paper towel

3.) wipe all the rubber "seals" down real good around the sunroof and its hole.

Just a little thing, but someone might need to know...it should hold for a few months.

I think WD40 more of a solvent than a lubricant but if it works it works.

BlasTech
04-10-2003, 01:39 PM
It gets the dirt out of the rubber... Its somewhat of a lubricant, but more of a cleaner/solvent. If you can get the dirt out, Silicone-type lube would probably work too.