PDA

View Full Version : What headers will give me the best gains?

si02racerboi
04-09-2003, 09:27 AM
They say you get what you pay for. Iam not looking for anything cheap, I just wanted to know what headers are out for our car that gives good gains.

joshua
04-09-2003, 09:46 AM
well i have dc sport headers and i love them they give you good torque. They also have out hp headers but i think those give you bette top end but both are good.

1)dc sport creamic coat
2)hp headers

fishboy
04-09-2003, 10:19 AM
i have the dc and i like them alot.

jaydub
04-09-2003, 10:27 AM
Header. Not plural.

BlackNRedSi
04-10-2003, 11:06 AM
can you pass inspection with header? doesnt it void warrenty?

E.

fsugatorbait
04-10-2003, 01:01 PM
Jackson will be coming out with a race header with test pipe for our cars within 2 months.

esmith13
04-10-2003, 01:24 PM
DC sports and HP Racing header passes inspection...

Not sure about borla, since downpipe is removed as well (should it matter?)

As for warranty, most dealers tell you that anything BEHIND the Cat can be changed, but in FRONT of the Cat cannot...

However, they legally have to prove that the header caused any problems befor they refuse to honor your warranty..

(I think that's just hard to do, so they TELL you no)

just my $.02

Eric

ep3guy
04-10-2003, 02:32 PM
Originally posted by fsugatorbait
Jackson will be coming out with a race header with test pipe for our cars within 2 months.

I hope they do. :D
Their race header for the RSX is at a pretty decent price. Some owners have even modified a cat to fit in with the header. Doubt it'll pass inspections though.

02CivicSI-VTEC
04-10-2003, 04:34 PM
where can i get Hp header ??? and how much do it cost?

02CivicSI-VTEC
04-10-2003, 05:34 PM
Hey How come HP header dont have 4-2-1???? which one give the best power DC 4-2-1 or HP 4-1?

Marcivi
04-10-2003, 11:02 PM
Originally posted by 02CivicSI-VTEC
Hey How come HP header dont have 4-2-1???? which one give the best power DC 4-2-1 or HP 4-1?

It's all about distance and timing of the time it takes the exhaust gases from one cylinder to....GAHHHH!!!! I'd have to talk with my hand in order to explain it. But, without looking at it, I'd have to say that the "4" pipes on the DC are all probably all close to the same length where as the HP are all probably pretty curved. Granted, I haven't scene either and don't know shit about what I'm talking about but it made perfect sence to me when it was explained to me.

-Jack

P.S. Just forget I said anything and let someone that knows what they're talking about post an answer for you.

02civichatch
04-11-2003, 05:17 AM
What is the difference between the 2? Ive been told stainless has a lifetime warranty whereas ceramic has a couple months? is qulaity a factor? Is performance a factor????

chunky
04-11-2003, 06:56 AM
Originally posted by Marcivi

It's all about distance and timing of the time it takes the exhaust gases from one cylinder to....GAHHHH!!!! I'd have to talk with my hand in order to explain it. But, without looking at it, I'd have to say that the "4" pipes on the DC are all probably all close to the same length where as the HP are all probably pretty curved. Granted, I haven't scene either and don't know shit about what I'm talking about but it made perfect sence to me when it was explained to me.

-Jack

P.S. Just forget I said anything and let someone that knows what they're talking about post an answer for you.

i think you're trying to mention exhaust pulse alignment (equal length primaries/secondaries).

That is actually a very important part of the equation for a high revving motor. But even more important is resonance tuning. That is determined by the length of the pipes. Generally, longer pipes will provide favorabe resonance patterns at higher rpm. Typically the ideal length for most motors is longer than 2ft. This is why the dc, HP, and short comptech designs are inferior to the comptech longtube, JR race header, and possibly the borla as well.

siep
04-14-2003, 08:47 AM
Comptech's header is a nice one. High quality, stainless steel, 50 state legal, TIG welds. You pay for what you get. :o

PAsi
04-14-2003, 10:04 AM
i want a header that brings back up the low end torque that i lost from the AEM CAI. which one will bring it back above stock torque for the low range? don't wanna lose any anywhere else though either.