PDA

View Full Version : How do I remove the front bumper

Will2K2
04-09-2003, 10:00 AM
And don't say "DO A SEARCH NOOB"

I have found some screws etc. that I removed all of but when I gently tugged at it , the thing wouldn't budge

W

chunky
04-09-2003, 10:07 AM
Originally posted by Will2K2

I have found some screws etc. that I removed all of but when I gently tugged at it , the thing wouldn't budge

W

i did this recently to install my motor mount inserts.

1) remove the snaps at the top of the bumper above the grill (there are two rows of snaps actually, but the lower row holds the front grille on).

2) remove the two screws in the fenders - they're right under the corner of the bumpers under the back corner of the headlights kinda.

3) remove the snaps fro the lower portion of the bumper. there will be two screws you have to remove as well. Don't remove the screws that hold the factory front lip on.

4) you have to pull firmly at the corners of the bumpers - they snap out of their brackets under the headlights. don't worry, you won't break anything.

5) the bumper should just slide off now

the front turn signals have slip away harnesses that will come off w/o you having to disconnect them. make sure you re-connect them before putting the bumper back on.

UK-TypeR
04-09-2003, 12:44 PM
Try here;

http://www.excy.co.uk/type-r/Fog.pdf

Sure this will do the job

Will2K2
04-10-2003, 06:58 AM
Thank you Both!

Will

graham
04-13-2003, 05:08 AM
Originally posted by Will2K2

W

Couldn't wait eh?

How did it go??? pics ???

Graham

Will2K2
04-13-2003, 06:59 AM
This was the worst pain in the ass AEM install that I have ever EVER done.

You'll definetely benefit from my doing it first (provided I'm there when you do it)

I removed the bumper and headlights (to paint the lights) and I don't know how it could have been done without removing them (would have been ALOT! harder!!!!

I did leave the car on the ground and on all 4 wheels, which the instructions said to take the wheel off.

Anyway you cut it, this install was ALOT more pain in the ass than the old B and D series installs were