PDA

View Full Version : whats the best overall springs

master7
04-09-2003, 11:20 AM
Peace fellow SI'ers- i got a AEM CAI, works great, i want a thermal exhaust system ,trying to get that this summer, but i will probably drop her first . what is yr take on the best springs for our EP's (overall),,- I am debating on Teins, Sprint and Eibach so far...but if there any other out there, let me know---
factors- best price,best ride( dont want my head bouncing while driving), best drop without rubbing or scrapping( sport street race look)and i am on stock 15 might go up to 16 later, will be on stock shocks and will eventually throw camber ,on rear atleats.

bring yr answers on ..on yr mark...thanks... get set...go! ::o

and if you would between the ones I have thought of, can you put them in order from best to worst, thanks.

jaydub
04-09-2003, 11:27 AM
Seems like people are having really good luck with the Progress springs, that's the direction I'd like to go soon

FACTION95Si
04-09-2003, 12:49 PM
It depends on personal preference. Like how low you want to go? Ride quallity?

The Tein Springs seem like a really good deal. You get a good1.5" drop with people claiming a stock ride quallity.

chakra71
04-09-2003, 02:12 PM
I must say that i love the progress springs. The looks alone are worth the price, and the perfomance aspect makes them worth gold (to me). I lowered on stock shocks with no camber adjuster at all and the car just looks plain mean now.

I haven't had any problems with ride quality... it's a little more stiff, but the lady still likes it ;)

I've seen some on the Neuspeed race springs and i think it is too low. Looks like the car is dragging it's ass around. I've also heard that they are bouncy.

here's a pic of my car dropped on progress. I believe the drop was close to 2 inches, but i didn't measure.

http://www.boomspeed.com/chakra71/favorite.jpg

MINIVANKILLER
04-09-2003, 02:46 PM
I love to see my worked pictured on here..I did the spring install at my shop (AVC)...If you want to ride at just the right height and comfortable...GO WITH PROGRESS....and call me and I will sell them to you....

tsa1
04-09-2003, 11:01 PM
chakra71, will lowering without a camber kit affect the car in handling or tire wear or what? does a camber kit just make the rear wheels stand up straight?

chakra71
04-10-2003, 03:03 AM
I haven't noticed any odd tire wear, but the alignment could be better (car seams to drift more, not really pull but i have to work a little harder to keep it going straight). The camber kit just lets you change how straight up and down the tires are.

I haven't taken it to get aligned yet, but i honestly don't feel that the camber is too bad, at least not for the way i drive. I fling this car thru turns that make other people wet themselves.

I believe DTH said that when he lowered his that his toe was off pretty bad, and that chewed up his tires a good bit, that's the only part that i'm concerned with. I haven't noticed any feathering or uneven wear, but my tires are pretty bald at this point anyways...

and thanks to kenney for the install. i've got a co-worker who just bought a VBP 03 and he wants to do springs really badly. I'll give him your name and number.

97gsr90si
04-10-2003, 08:27 AM
Here, see this...I hope it helps...

http://ephatch.com/forum/showthread.php?s=&threadid=10058

Type X
04-10-2003, 10:27 AM
I have the Tein S Tech springs

i rate them a 10 out of 10

slight camber in the rear but front is fine

as for ride
all i get is compliments on the ride

and with me and 2 other passengers NO RUBBING

here is a pic of them with

205/40/17
http://a9.cpimg.com/image/07/BE/17774599-12fa-02000180-.jpg

ChWMeiNThG
04-10-2003, 11:43 AM
H&R springs are really nice, never rubs even with a packed car. Drops 2" and looks real badass. Ride quality is even better than stock, they go for around 175 shipped from optauto.com...cant beat that with a baseball bat!

hamproof
04-10-2003, 11:46 AM
The Honda giveaway cars have them installed. I assumed if Honda sponsored the bands and they put on Sprint springs, maybe Sprint springs are good too. Any thoughts?

digitldlnkwnt
04-10-2003, 02:43 PM
[QUOTE]Originally posted by chakra71
[B]I must say that i love the progress springs. The looks alone are worth the price, and the perfomance aspect makes them worth gold (to me). I lowered on stock shocks with no camber adjuster at all and the car just looks plain mean now.

Word...
I dont like neuspeed...i had them and they were as bouncy as Anna Nicole Smith.
But your stockis with progress springs are tight..perfect height.
Any lower in NY your asking for headaches

digitldlnkwnt
04-10-2003, 02:45 PM
[QUOTE]Originally posted by chakra71
I fling this car thru turns that make other people wet themselves.

thats the besat feeling in the world...to play the " Make your passenger wet themselves game"
...and win

;)