PDA

View Full Version : need serious help.. fast

hamlet9634
04-09-2003, 12:24 PM
so a lot of you guys know already that i crashed my EP last month, and it's being worked on right now.. lots of damage..

here is the big problem: I haver a JIC full coilover suspension and i damaged it so badly that parts have to be brought over from Japan. We've had a bit of a delay in getting parts, so the body shop is yelling at me to get the part.. which is on a boat from japan and i can't make it go any faster.

Has ANYONE else put a full coilover system on their cars and KEPT the stock rear strut assembly? I really need something temporary to put on the car until my parts get here from Japan.
I will pay to RENT the parts and give it back. Also, I'm pretty tight with docofmind (lol), so i can get you some amazing deals on brake parts if you help me out.

prefer nyc area just to save time and shipping costs.. but any help would greatly be appreciated.. I'm leaving the country for the last week of april and need to have my car out of jail before i go or else i'll be in deep doo-doo paying storage fees a the body shop.

03hatch
04-09-2003, 03:22 PM
how much you got your JIC coilover system for?

hamlet9634
04-09-2003, 03:31 PM
list price is 1950 + installation + RSX parts ($100 worth of RSX parts). I paid a bit less, not saying how much less.. but i heard there is an acura dealer in LA selling the kit for like $1500 or so.. + installation

Quicksilver
04-09-2003, 03:48 PM
What happened to your stock parts anyways? Have you tried the Honda dealer for the shock assembly? It might be cheap enough to just replace the parts, considering you'll be paying "loaner" fees and shipping costs both ways the way you're doing it.

I'd offer you up mine, but since it's not a full replacement of all stock parts, I'd probably only have the shock and spring for you. Most other stock parts had to be re-used on the Tein SS coilovers. The Type Flex replaces all stock parts, so maybe someone with those can help you out if you need the full stock assembly. If you need just the strut and/or spring, let me know.

hamlet9634
04-09-2003, 03:52 PM
does your assembly have the upper strut mount? or does the tein unit retain the stock upper mount?

Quicksilver
04-09-2003, 03:55 PM
Mine uses the stock upper mount assembly. Not good for you, I'm guessing....

hamlet9634
04-09-2003, 03:56 PM
damn.. not good

todaCspec
04-09-2003, 05:51 PM
Originally posted by hamlet9634

Also, I'm pretty tight with docofmind (lol), so i can get you some amazing deals on brake parts if you help me out.

I'm leaving the country for the last week of april paying storage

Docofmind was selling his stock suspension setup awhile back, complete. Maybe he still has it and can lend?

Suk02Si
04-10-2003, 03:07 AM
Hey Hamlet, I have some of your stock suspension sitting in my garage:D

Sherwin sold it to Iman and we installed it here. I have bits and pieces left, but that's it.

hamlet9634
04-10-2003, 07:17 AM
Originally posted by Suk02Si
Hey Hamlet, I have some of your stock suspension sitting in my garage:D

Sherwin sold it to Iman and we installed it here. I have bits and pieces left, but that's it.

you're not helping, man:(