PDA

View Full Version : For people who lower their car too much 2

smapzy
04-09-2003, 01:42 PM
First off, why the thread got lock? anyway....

Jaydub, here is the site, I hope you understand it... (I like your site too...hahaha)

http://www.optionfans.com.hk/change%2058.htm

"The EP3 power steering rod is longer than the previous Generation (EK) for about 600mm and therefore make turning a bit less responsive than the EK. If you lower the car excessively, not only it will limit the power steering rod movement, it will also damage your power steering. (EPS unit)"

Now, I don't know about you guys, but after I read that, it kinda make sense, that's why I wanna share it to you guys...for people who think it's stupid or doesn't make sense....oh well.:angel:

jaydub
04-09-2003, 02:53 PM
hehe I think it was locked because there was no site to back up what you were saying. Even still, not many of us can read japanese. :D

Nonetheless, there are plenty of items that will be damaged by excessive lowering, aside from the EPS unit. I know the oilpan isn't that high up, and if you're that low, you'll be leaving remnants of your exhaust system all over the road too.

02SilverSiHB
04-09-2003, 03:54 PM
Originally posted by smapzy
First off, why the thread got lock? anyway....

Jaydub, here is the site, I hope you understand it... (I like your site too...hahaha)

http://www.optionfans.com.hk/change%2058.htm

"The EP3 power steering rod is longer than the previous Generation (EK) for about 600mm and therefore make turning a bit less responsive than the EK. If you lower the car excessively, not only it will limit the power steering rod movement, it will also damage your power steering. (EPS unit)"

Now, I don't know about you guys, but after I read that, it kinda make sense, that's why I wanna share it to you guys...for people who think it's stupid or doesn't make sense....oh well.:angel:
well, I locked it for the reason jaydub said, nothing to back it up. And where in that url you provided does it talk about lowing the ep3 too much, and what is too much...by the way, spoon slames their race ep3 type r.....so why havne't the cars broke yet?? :rolleyes:

smapzy
04-09-2003, 04:31 PM
Originally posted by 02SilverSiHB

well, I locked it for the reason jaydub said, nothing to back it up. And where in that url you provided does it talk about lowing the ep3 too much, and what is too much...by the way, spoon slames their race ep3 type r.....so why havne't the cars broke yet?? :rolleyes:

If you wanna know how low is too low, I suggest you should go ask the site ower, I didn't make that site up. You said you want something to back it up, I gave you something to back it up. If you wanna know why spoon slamed their car without broken their EPS, then again, I suggest you to write a letter to Spoon to clear it up. All I'm trying to do here is to give people some info and not to damage their car.

As a Moderator, 02SilverSiHB, I think it's very rude to say to people "that's freaking stupid". What is stupid? If stupid is to agree on what they believe in, then I think everybody in here is stupid. You ARE the Moderator, So speak like one.

taikahn
04-09-2003, 05:18 PM

If you wanna know how low is too low, I suggest you should go ask the site ower, I didn't make that site up. You said you want something to back it up, I gave you something to back it up. If you wanna know why spoon slamed their car without broken their EPS, then again, I suggest you to write a letter to Spoon to clear it up. All I'm trying to do here is to give people some info and not to damage their car.

As a Moderator, 02SilverSiHB, I think it's very rude to say to people "that's freaking stupid". What is stupid? If stupid is to agree on what they believe in, then I think everybody in here is stupid. You ARE the Moderator, So speak like one.

All the mods here are a little post happy ....

Try to ignore it, or call them on it, either way, they keep doing it.

I call it "Never been a mod before."

02SilverSiHB
04-09-2003, 07:03 PM
Originally posted by taikahn

All the mods here are a little post happy ....

Try to ignore it, or call them on it, either way, they keep doing it.

I call it "Never been a mod before."
hahahaha! so true I have to admit.

I usually do not lock threads...in fact that is probably the second one I have locked.

And can anyone read what it says on that site?

I used a Japanese translator and nothing came up about lowering the EP3 too much.

I mean are we talking about lowering it 4 freakin inches here!?

And as for stupid, I just said that because he wasn't backing it up. I waited for a while and no one else could make since of it.

FACTION95Si
04-09-2003, 10:54 PM
Would it even drive after being lowered 4" ? Or would the EP just scrape along the ground? :)

I mean who the hell would go with 3" let alone 4?

I can see why he locked the post. You don't want rumors and crap floating around this forum. I see way too much of it on other forums. I want just facts when I come to EPHatch.com. Not just hearsay that someone heard from someone's buddy who had it done.

smapzy
04-10-2003, 10:05 AM
It's in Chinese, not Japanese.:)

02SilverSiHB
04-10-2003, 10:12 AM
It's in Chinese, not Japanese.:)
ha! no freakin wonder! I assumed japanese.... I'll see if I can find a chinese translater. :rolleyes:

02SilverSiHB
04-10-2003, 10:16 AM
Originally posted by FACTION95Si
Would it even drive after being lowered 4" ? Or would the EP just scrape along the ground? :)

I mean who the hell would go with 3" let alone 4?

I can see why he locked the post. You don't want rumors and crap floating around this forum. I see way too much of it on other forums. I want just facts when I come to EPHatch.com. Not just hearsay that someone heard from someone's buddy who had it done.
yeah, no kidding! :) I don't think anyone could drive it that low.

I still want to know how any of us are supposed to believe this when it's written in chinese :rolleyes:

02SilverSiHB
04-10-2003, 10:24 AM
okay, I'll give someone 24hrs to give me a translation...because the one I have is freakin stupid! I'm not surprised of course, most translation engines on the net suck! According to altavista translation, it talks about urine, prostitute's snouts, cranes and all that other nifty crap :rolleyes:

"Hi my names smapzy, I just want to let you guys no if you lower your car 5 inches you could have problems, here's my proof, oh it's in chinese :) " :rolleyes:

http://babelfish.altavista.com/babelfish/tr?tt=url&url=http%3A%2F%2Fwww.optionfans.com.hk%2Fchange%25 2058.htm&lp=zh_en

smapzy
04-10-2003, 11:47 AM
okay, I'll give someone 24hrs to give me a translation...because the one I have is freakin stupid! I'm not surprised of course, most translation engines on the net suck! According to altavista translation, it talks about urine, prostitute's snouts, cranes and all that other nifty crap :rolleyes:

"Hi my names smapzy, I just want to let you guys no if you lower your car 5 inches you could have problems, here's my proof, oh it's in chinese :) " :rolleyes:

http://babelfish.altavista.com/babelfish/tr?tt=url&url=http%3A%2F%2Fwww.optionfans.com.hk%2Fchange%25 2058.htm&lp=zh_en

Man you are good!!! No wonder you can be a Moderator!! I look through the whole page and can't even find the word urine, prostitute's, snouts, cranes and other crap that you mention!:o

"Hi I'm the moderator, because I don't understand other Languages, and all I see is urine, prostitute's snouts, cranes and all that other nifty crap in the altavista translation, therefore, I have to lock up the thread :) " :rolleyes:

smapzy
04-10-2003, 11:53 AM

yeah, no kidding! :) I don't think anyone could drive it that low.

I still want to know how any of us are supposed to believe this when it's written in chinese :rolleyes:

So let me try to understand what you are saying, if it's written in English, you will believe it, if it's written in Japanese, you will believe it, and if it's written in Chinese, you won't believe it?

Am I right or am I misunderstand you? Can you explain? :rolleyes:

02SilverSiHB
04-10-2003, 11:56 AM

Man you are good!!! No wonder you can be a Moderator!! I look through the whole page and can't even find the word urine, prostitute's, snouts, cranes and other crap that you mention!:o

"Hi I'm the moderator, because I don't understand other Languages, and all I see is urine, prostitute's snouts, cranes and all that other nifty crap in the altavista translation, therefore, I have to lock up the thread :) " :rolleyes:
You didn't look good enough. Try again :)

And yes, :) "Hi I'm a moderator, and because I can't read another language and all I see is urine, prostitute's snouts, cranes and all that other nifty crap, I see no reason for this post :)
bye bye!