PDA

View Full Version : Just got off the phone with Tokico about our shocks!

SOUTHPAW
04-09-2003, 01:49 PM
I got rims and low pro's put on my car last week. Now I wanna lower it because I'm not into the bigfoot look. I'm thinking of putting some skunk2 coilovers on. Now I need to find some shocks. The Koni's don't fit without some adjustment so I really don't wanna mess with them. I want something that specifically fits my car. So, now I'm looking at Tokico shocks because there was a rumor they were coming out at the end of this month. After calling them, I found out that our Tokico shocks are only in the development stage and the planned release date(or area) is end of Aug. begining of Sept. which sucks because I don't wanna lower it on stock shocks. One thing I did find out, is it's taking so long for our shocks too come out because the way our shocks connect with our chassie or something like that. He said it's different then the earlier civics. I asked him what the prices would be and he told me a ruff estimate. For the base model performance shocks it'll be about $480.00 or so. For the upper model(which I think were the Illuminas) it'll run you about $680.00. I know eventually I'll give in and lower it on stock shocks. I can't wait untill summer is over...

fishboy
04-09-2003, 01:58 PM
well if you will eventually lower the thing on the stocker might as well do it tomorrow.:D

i've had my car dropped with ground controls on the stock shocks for over a year now and i am dying for some shocks, to be honest. i figure you can drop it and roll like that for a few months and it won't hurt any.

G-J
04-09-2003, 02:03 PM
Damn... I ran on Tokico's on my old V6 Accord and loved them. I want to get them again for the Si, but I wanted to drop her by atleast August before we have Cruise Night in Napa (end of August). Hopefully they come out early August then. I'll just wait to buy springs and SPC cambers until later :(

IceD out N CALI
04-09-2003, 02:05 PM
at least tokico is going to make them specificially for the ep:)

MoodySi
04-09-2003, 03:26 PM
right on! my stock shocks should be dead by then so time to upgrade:)

mhx
04-10-2003, 07:28 AM
What about getting full coilovers? I had the neuspeed ones on my 2000 EX.. they were great and only 800$.. I installed them myself with a friend..

Does any1 make them yet for the ep's?

ADAMnQuickCIVIC
04-10-2003, 07:47 AM
Tokico Illumina's are the shiet.
But $680?? (maybe retail)
I beleive I paid about $500 for them for my 96' Civic...

JoshSI
04-10-2003, 09:44 AM
Originally posted by G-J
Damn... I ran on Tokico's on my old V6 Accord and loved them. I want to get them again for the Si, but I wanted to drop her by atleast August before we have Cruise Night in Napa (end of August). Hopefully they come out early August then. I'll just wait to buy springs and SPC cambers until later :(

HEY! You live in Napa go into the local chapters forum we are planning a meet in the bay area maybe you could show up!!!!! Trying to get a fair amount of peeps...

sorry for the threadjacking.

SOUTHPAW
04-10-2003, 10:47 AM
As far as I know, nobody makes full coilovers specifically for our car. You can get Tein's for like $1200, but you have to make modifications to it before putting them on your car.

DjMacAtack
04-10-2003, 11:06 AM
i didnt hafta modify jack to put tein coilovers on my car...

and where can you get them for 1200??? i had to pay 1700.

and the teins are specifically for the EP3

SOUTHPAW
04-10-2003, 06:44 PM
Can you post some pict. of your drop with the coilovers. And where did you order them from.

DjMacAtack
04-10-2003, 11:04 PM
no pics here... sorry... no digi-cam... i know someone does from the meet's in cali.. trust me... its a nice drop.

oh and i bought them from a local shop called Super VIP Motorsports..

StrangeShadow
04-10-2003, 11:49 PM
yep, tein makes type flex especially for our car =D

03hatch
04-11-2003, 12:01 AM
Originally posted by DjMacAtack
no pics here... sorry... no digi-cam... i know someone does from the meet's in cali.. trust me... its a nice drop.

oh and i bought them from a local shop called Super VIP Motorsports..

you paid 1700 for your flex at super vip?

DjMacAtack
04-11-2003, 08:09 AM
yeah... they gave me a discount because i paid in cold hard cash and on the spot.

its good to be ballin:cool: .

anyways... talk to chuck at showstopers, i think he mentioned them for 1700 shipped