PDA

View Full Version : Si seats are great for taking naps.

jaydub
04-09-2003, 02:58 PM
Every day instead of eating lunch in my office, I go out to my car and I always end up falling asleep. :-\

I've learned to set up a daily timer on my cellphone so I don't oversleep. :D

http://www.dubfusion.com/tehfunny/rock.gif

padelong si
04-09-2003, 03:24 PM
Cool

RiceCzechs
04-09-2003, 03:39 PM
too cold yet to do that here, but come later in the spring I might drive to a park, roll down the windows/open the roof and chill to XM...

Mugen_EP
04-09-2003, 03:46 PM
lol....I do the same thing.

BarracksSi
04-09-2003, 04:49 PM
On a road trip by myself, I stopped at a truck stop to get a nap. I put the seat back, and off to dreamland I went.

When someone parked nearby, I woke up, and in the space of two seconds, these thoughts went through my mind:

"Hmm, I'm waking up... um, I'm waking up in my car.. that means I fell asleep in my car!.. Am I driving?!? Oh sh*t, there's a bush RIGHT IN FRONT OF ME! Dammit, and I just bought this thing, too -- how will I get a replacement?! F... but why is the seat so far down? And the bush isn't coming any closer?? Oh yeah, THANK GOD, I'm parked at a gas station... *whewwww*...."

Sheer terror to great relief in as much time as it takes to say, "sheer terror to great relief". hehe..

Oh, and my mom slept very soundly in the back seat on another trip. Good car.

1abSi
04-09-2003, 05:21 PM
BarracksSi: rotflmao......that was some funny ass shit.....omg that was funny

BarracksSi
04-09-2003, 05:35 PM
I can only imagine what I would've looked like to an outside oberver...

Tekdemon
04-09-2003, 05:45 PM
haha...

Yeah the seats are pretty comfy when you lean back...on a clear night I can look out my moonroof at the stars...awesome =P

Just wish there was more head rest area...maybe I should stash a pillow in my trunk =P

raiyo
04-09-2003, 07:03 PM
gotta agree with em seats, firm but comfy. i hardly oversleep in the car when I'm on lunch. little kids be screaming when they get off EVERYDAY. :'( well, it is a good thing in a way, heheh.

fyzm7357
04-09-2003, 08:24 PM
Originally posted by BarracksSi
"Hmm, I'm waking up... um, I'm waking up in my car.. that means I fell asleep in my car!.. Am I driving?!? Oh sh*t, there's a bush RIGHT IN FRONT OF ME! Dammit, and I just bought this thing, too -- how will I get a replacement?! F... but why is the seat so far down? And the bush isn't coming any closer?? Oh yeah, THANK GOD, I'm parked at a gas station... *whewwww*...."

Sheer terror to great relief in as much time as it takes to say, "sheer terror to great relief". hehe..

I have been through the exact same thing on my road trip to Denver when I stopped at a rest area and dozed off for a while......it is quite a startle...

IceD out N CALI
04-09-2003, 10:11 PM
Originally posted by jaydub
[B]Every day instead of eating lunch in my office, I go out to my car and I always end up falling asleep. :-\

http://www.dubfusion.com/tehfunny/rock.gif [/B

good for you;)

Toy2Si
04-09-2003, 10:15 PM
Originally posted by jaydub
Every day instead of eating lunch in my office, I go out to my car and I always end up falling asleep. :-\

http://www.dubfusion.com/tehfunny/rock.gif

oh my god, i do this too!!! hehehe

HK_EP3
04-10-2003, 01:47 AM
I sleep in my car too sumtimes, but i find the hole on the headrest annoying, couldn't rest my head in a comfortable way cause it hurts my head. I can only sleep with a hood on...

hamproof
04-10-2003, 05:00 AM
Hey, let me ask you guys a question. It applies to whether you are driving, sleeping or just bring a passenger.

Can you comfortably rest your head in a natural position/angle on the headrest? Well, in our case, the headrest is non-adjustable. So, it is basically the hole area.

Unless a car has an articulating headrest that allows me to adjust it all the way to the aft of the car, I can't rest my head on the seat. Puts too much strain on my neck. The angle of my spine and neck is not in the same plane I guess. Undeveloped cro-magnant :(

I have a little neck pillow that I'm using as extra cushioning for my head instead :D

02NITEHAWKSi EP
04-10-2003, 06:33 AM
The angle of the head rest is purfect if you are wearing a helmet. I think they want us to drive with helmets on our heads and get helmet hair. :D But seriously, it s perfect fit for your helmet and for a long day in road racing or just to be lazy while just racing in general.

ADAMnQuickCIVIC
04-10-2003, 07:53 AM
Contrary to popular belief the "head rest" is not intended to rest your head. It is a safety feature for the impact associated with an accident. Only time you should rest your head on it is if you're not driving (sleeping/fuking/etc).

hamproof
04-10-2003, 08:06 AM
Most Honda cars that I'm familiar with does not have articulating headrest.

You are right. In the event of accident, the headrest is suppose to help prevent whiplash and neck injury. However, the headrest is quite a few inches behind the head. At least for me. My gf. however, doesn't have any problem resting her head on the headrest, whether she's a passenger or driver in my car or her car (Acura 3.2TL).

I can't rest my head on the headrest in either car.

I believe, at least if the headrest can articulate, my neck will have less movement in the event someone hit me from behind.

Most euro. cars have articulating headrests.

Lexus LS430 is one that I know has articulating headrest. A powered one at that I believe.

Type X
04-10-2003, 08:24 AM
when i drove to FLa in my EP

all i kept thinking was wow
my back isn't hurting

the interior and seats of the 02-03 si = PIMP:cool:

SiNi$t3R
04-10-2003, 09:06 AM
i agree that the seats are comfy but when i lean back, the back of my head rests unfortably in that hole. Using a lttle pillow for my head feels just right. I remember last summer, the first night i bought my car, I slept in it cuz i got into a fight with my gf. I opened the moon roof, pillow under my head, new car smell in my nostrills, and i say to myself " life is good".

zerofighter
04-12-2003, 02:29 PM
recent road trip to vegas with 4 adults. No complaints everyone was really comfortable. chicks dig the si

ep_nezay
04-12-2003, 04:10 PM
I dont see how u guys can sleep in there unless u have a pillow, cause my head hits the "O" on the seat and it hurts!

ep pilot
04-12-2003, 04:38 PM
I actually just got back from car-dreaming, stopped off and looked at the new Maxima, Saab 93 then down to Mitsu to peep the new Evo8. I thought prior to seeing the new Evo8 that our Si had the best seating in the industry bar none. Well I was in driving position bliss just sitting in the Evo8, the seats are much firmer than ours and bolstered more aggressively. On the other end, I happily jumped back in my Si and sped off and was instantly reminded how much I enjoy spending spirited time in the seats of my Si. Again I am 5'6" and find that my most ideal driving position is damn near straight up (right angle) that said my head is perfectly positioned with the spot just above the seat-belt shoulder hole. I actually can