PDA

View Full Version : ***drag Strip Tips***

team ERA 5
04-09-2003, 10:59 PM
HEY epEEPS I LOVE U GUYS....FROM WHEN MY AXLE FELL OUT WHEN I WAS DROPPING MY CAR u guys were there to help me FROM INTAKE INSTALLATION u guys were ther to help me out I LOVEEE U GUYS....

N' NOW IM GOIN TO THE TRACK....IN SAN DIEGO its only a 1/8 but i wanted to kno tips and tricks haha on launching and other stuff u guys could help me out on....

all i kno is that i aint gonna go hardcore gutted imma just take out my spare and my jack...

my goal is 9.9 and if i get that ILL BE SOOO HAPPY thanks guys if u could help a brotha out..

launching 2.7????

03hatch
04-09-2003, 11:55 PM
Originally posted by team ERA 5
HEY epEEPS I LOVE U GUYS....FROM WHEN MY AXLE FELL OUT WHEN I WAS DROPPING MY CAR u guys were there to help me FROM INTAKE INSTALLATION u guys were ther to help me out I LOVEEE U GUYS....

N' NOW IM GOIN TO THE TRACK....IN SAN DIEGO its only a 1/8 but i wanted to kno tips and tricks haha on launching and other stuff u guys could help me out on....

all i kno is that i aint gonna go hardcore gutted imma just take out my spare and my jack...

my goal is 9.9 and if i get that ILL BE SOOO HAPPY thanks guys if u could help a brotha out..

launching 2.7????

i dont know anything about launching...most of the friends launch at 2.5 or 3....at least i tried

SHAKEnBAKE
04-10-2003, 12:03 AM
The most important tip:
No passenger, drag race doesn't require a navigator. I found that out the hard way. hehehe:D

Mugen_EP
04-10-2003, 12:08 AM
If your on stock tires lower the PSI to 20-25. This will help you to get out of the hole and you don't need to worry about top end cause it's only 1/8 mile.

Suk02Si
04-10-2003, 02:54 AM
2500 rpm, don't drop the clutch, do slam on the gas, shift like mad:D

ADAMnQuickCIVIC
04-10-2003, 08:02 AM
Originally posted by Mugen_EP
If your on stock tires lower the PSI to 20-25. This will help you to get out of the hole and you don't need to worry about top end cause it's only 1/8 mile.

if you're on 15's or 16's you should have enough sidewall to lower to tire pressure...this may not help much with traction, but it will help avoid wheel hop.

when lauching, i find the best way is to rev up to about 4k-4.5k RPM, blipping the throttle, then ride the clutch out while you're just on the edge of traction, controlling the wheelspin- once you shift to 2nd gear (QUICKLY!), your traction issues should be gone- just stay in it, foot to the floor until you get to redline, you should be shifting at redline in every gear, and make those shifts quick and precise. Try not to miss a gear and Good Luck. Only thing that will help you is practice.

NXK20
04-10-2003, 10:26 AM
trying to get 9's in this car in the 1/8 is a bitch. I never did get it on motor. Kept running 10.03 and shit like that. Now i'm trying for 8's but don't think its gonna happen with a 50 shot, best so far is a 9.3.

ADAMnQuickCIVIC
04-10-2003, 04:59 PM
Originally posted by NXK20
trying to get 9's in this car in the 1/8 is a bitch. I never did get it on motor. Kept running 10.03 and shit like that. Now i'm trying for 8's but don't think its gonna happen with a 50 shot, best so far is a 9.3.

10.03 all motor in this car aint bad...
i'm gettin 10.20's in the 1/8th... :(

NXK20
04-10-2003, 07:58 PM
That's with azenis though, launching at around 5500. Actually one time I launched at 6800 just to see if they would stick because the track was prepped real good and they did. My 60' wasn't that good cuz I just dumped the clutch and the rpm's fell way down. I think it was like a 2.35