PDA

View Full Version : Engine Swap

SiBoy
04-09-2003, 11:13 PM
I have a quick questoin, my freind got me a deal for a rsx-r engine for 4.5k now before i go and do the swap my parents are still paying off the car, but the problem is i heard that honda can take back the car and sue you for selling my motor..is that true or..can someone plz inform me? thank u.

JLannoo
04-09-2003, 11:31 PM
Originally posted by SiBoy
I have a quick questoin, my freind got me a deal for a rsx-r engine for 4.5k now before i go and do the swap my parents are still paying off the car, but the problem is i heard that honda can take back the car and sue you for selling my motor..is that true or..can someone plz inform me? thank u.

If you bought (not leased) the car you can do anything you want with it. What your talking about will obviously void your warranty though. A pretty big deal if you ask me.

Seeing as its really your parents car though. I think they should decide.

civicSIracer
04-10-2003, 12:26 AM
go ask mommy

Mugen_EP
04-10-2003, 12:27 AM
SWAP the DAMN motor!! Who ever told you that lied their ass off. ;)

vtec24
04-10-2003, 04:42 AM
Wish I was fortunate enough to have my parents pay off my car. The way I look at it though is that I've worked hard for what "I" own. Makes you appreciate what you own. Anyhow, Just swap the damn motor.

blueiedgod
04-10-2003, 05:58 AM

are you parents leasing the car for you or are they paying the loan for you? If they are leasing, then you can not do anything to it. And if you do, Honda will charge your parents to return it to original condition upon return.
Question, who is going to pay if something goes wrong and you need warranty work? Honda will not warrantee a hybrid.

SiBoy
04-10-2003, 01:12 PM
My parents are paying the car off for me( financing), all i pay is for insurance 100 a month full coverage i think, and for gas, but i barely drive this car because i dont like driving it to school so i have a beater for school, I decided taht i should wait because i only had this car for 6 months and only less then 5k miles on it. Also, i heard that i would have to register the motor to the dmv and so on and so on and its just too much of a hassle.

PoRT
04-12-2003, 09:56 AM
LET ME BUY THE ENGINE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

raiyo
04-12-2003, 05:52 PM
My parents are paying the car off for me( financing), all i pay is for insurance 100 a month full coverage i think,

Lucky you

[QUOTE]Also, i heard that i would have to register the motor to the dmv and so on and so on and its just too much of a hassle[QUOTE]

My friend did a swap to his del sol, but never notify dmv, but he has to show proof that he actually bought the engine and not stolen, if a cop pulls you over.

ep pilot
04-12-2003, 06:29 PM
I am just curious, as I am in between getting the J/R supercharger next year or do a swap?

I figure with the S/C I should be at or near 200 hp. but gain a more pronounced bottom end, albeit at the addition of the extra heft of the S/C kit. I expect the install and the kit to run about $3800-$4k.

To do the swap I wouldn't necessarily be gaining anymore weight, I would be at 200 h.p. and have six speeds, or does our five speed bolt right up? if so I actually would want the five speed to the six. I think that the swap would be more reliable for the long haul, yield better mpg and cost between $4.5-$5k again I would have to make sure that smogging it was a breeze aswell.

I am seriously leaning towards the S/C for now, until otherwise.

-Ryan

raiyo
04-12-2003, 06:36 PM
Just get a SC, to much trouble trying to sell your old engine.

PoRT
04-12-2003, 08:21 PM
see my above post!