PDA

View Full Version : Car keeps moving to the right after an allignment

Bushido
04-10-2003, 09:45 AM
I got my allignment this morning, after i lowered my car yesterday and installed eibach springs & ingalls camber kit. After my allignment my car kept moving to the right, isn't it supposed to be going straight? i asked them what was the reason for it and they said it's because of one of my tires and that the allignment was correct, is that possible? can a tire steer your car in a different direction? i'll post the numbers for the camber and toe stats that they gave me later today.

SiNi$t3R
04-10-2003, 09:49 AM
yes tires can steer u another direction because b4 ur alignment, ur tires could've had irregular wear thus making the tires irregular.

Bushido
04-10-2003, 09:59 AM
if i rotated my tires would that be a possible solution to my problem?

fsugatorbait
04-10-2003, 10:14 AM
I have basically the same problem...I got my car aligned and new tires put on the same time and my car pulls to the left.

todaCspec
04-10-2003, 10:35 AM
Originally posted by fsugatorbait
I have basically the same problem...I got my car aligned and new tires put on the same time and my car pulls to the left.

That's unacceptable, on a new car w/mods and you're pulling to the left? You might as well left it stock, so what are you going to do about this?

DynaSpeed
04-10-2003, 10:41 AM
Make sure you check the tire pressure also...
just a few lbs of difference will pull a car.

Bushido
04-10-2003, 10:41 AM
my tires are practically new also. it's really annoying trying to keep the steering wheel in the center.

fsugatorbait
04-10-2003, 10:42 AM
Originally posted by todaCspec

That's unacceptable, on a new car w/mods and you're pulling to the left? You might as well left it stock, so what are you going to do about this?

My front tires are aligned within factory spec so im not worrying about tire wear. Im gonna order the front camber kit so they come out 0 degrees and have it aligned by honda when it goes in for its next scheduled serivce...its not that bad, actually got to the point where i forget its there sometimes.

02SilverSiHB
04-10-2003, 12:14 PM
Originally posted by Bushido
my tires are practically new also. it's really annoying trying to keep the steering wheel in the center.
man, that does suck. Try rotating your rims and see if that helps. did the people at the shop doing the alignment, show you the tire causing the problem?

maestro
04-23-2003, 12:07 AM
Check if the right wheel is there!!!:p

2k3vbpEP
05-01-2003, 12:31 AM
Well pulling to the left is absolutely wrong. The only thing I could think of as to why the other car is pulling to the right really depends on where you went for an allignment, if you went to an autocross/roadrace geared shop, they probably set the car up for race which does not take into account the crown of the road which will cause your car to pull to the right. Also tires can move the car, it is called tramlining (where the car wants to follow groves in the road)

03hatch
05-01-2003, 03:24 AM
can it be the toe?