PDA

View Full Version : window imperfection

Sb00
04-10-2003, 10:15 AM
well ok here's my problem...

i have this mark on my window that's been there since i bought the car and i figured since i'm tinting the windows soon i should go to the dealer and have em replace it or fix it.

so i get there and all the service guys can't figure out what the hell it is so they say i can have new glass put in...

i get home and they give me a call, they say that since it's small they could give me $150-200 in accesories, or they can replace the window.

now i'm gettin hooked up with my tint (free!) but i have to do it on monday.... and they won't have the replacement window in until mid next week... which means i get a new window but then i'm stuck paying for my tint job.... and i lose the vin etching on that window...

or i can put the money they are gonna give me in options towards some fog lights (which i really wanted from the start) and get my windows tinted on monday (for free)

my car isn't gonna be in any shows or anything so i think i can handle that lil mark... and since it's low enough on the window and i always drive with my windows partly down (since the desert is friggin hot) you wouldn't really see it....

here's the mark (http://users.lvcm.com/sb00/mom.html)

what do you guys think??

JLannoo
04-10-2003, 10:53 AM
I would be very annoyed by something like that. Especialy seeing how its on the drivers side and you have to see it every time you get in the car.

The tint could make it more noticable. I think I would have the window replaced. That second picture you posted makes it look pretty bad.

AkronSi
04-10-2003, 11:08 AM
I don't have those ID numbers on my car. I don't hink so at least. What are they for?

Can you feel the mark? like is it ruff or anything like that? I wonder if some glass polish would get it out. But, since they are giving you a new one...who cares. :)

Sb00
04-10-2003, 01:11 PM
but if i get the glass replaced i loose out on a free tint job... (approx $150+) and i won't get the vin etching reapplied with the new window....

i think i'm gonna take the $150 they are willing to give me and put that towards the fog lights, get my tint for free, and i'll have enough to buy a injen CAI within a few weeks.

i really only have the windows up when i park the car and that's the only time you'd see the mark....so i think i can live with that.... for now :p