PDA

View Full Version : need help with goddam amp power

grooveline
04-10-2003, 03:16 PM
yo,

ok, check this... i need to run the power wire for my amp but i am having some trouble.

can anyone give me a tutorial on where to run the power wire through the firewall with having to open a Fucking fender wall, or any other stupid shit for one fucking wire. i want the easiest, most straight forward way to get this one stupid fucking wire through.... if not, i say FUCK IT, and i'm going to take everything back.... fuck this amp install. fuck honda for not thinking ahead about aftermarket parts, and fuck using the goddam hood release bullshit.

napapacoda
04-10-2003, 03:51 PM
have you tried searching the site yet? Im pretty sure this has been covered a few times. (offhand, although I dont own an EP, i remember someone saying that you should go through the space they leave to install the factory foglights)

jaydub
04-10-2003, 04:36 PM
This has been covered, and you aren't gonna find a miracle plug to run your cables through. Take your time it IS worth it.

EDIT: And if you're already pissed off, there's no way in hell you're gonna do a good job of installing the amp. I'd let them do it.

Jpax
04-10-2003, 06:28 PM
Originally posted by grooveline
yo,

fuck this amp install. fuck honda for not thinking ahead about aftermarket parts, and fuck using the goddam hood release bullshit.

BuhahhahaaAHAHah omg sorry that was funny made my day .:D :)

oogy-boogy
04-11-2003, 09:36 AM
Open up the hood and look at the let side of your firewill. You will see a oval shaped rubber grommet with wiring coming out of the bottom. Plenty of room to run up to a 4 gauge thru there. I just cut a small hole in the top (an "X") and pushed the wire thru. Take a small squirt of dash protectant/dish washer soap and put it on the hole entrance. Push the wire down and to the right until it stops. Now, get down into the passenger side and look behind the center cosole. It will be below the black plastic housing. Make sure you have a flashlight. Get a pair of needle nose pliers and pull it out. Took me 10 minutes. Check out all of PaXie's info for anything else.....Cuz he's the man (Thanks again!)!

Good luck and quit F-Bombin'.........Patience is everything with installs.

jaydub
04-11-2003, 09:39 AM
Originally posted by oogy-boogy
Patience is everything with installs. Quote of the day, folks.

If you don't want to worry about cutting the grommet, you can run it thru between the fender liner and the fender itself. All you do is jack the car up, un-pop the pop-in clips with a small flathead screwdriver, and unscrew the three philips screws at the bottom of the fenderlineer, where a splashguard would go. Once you do this, there is a clear guard in there, which is meant to be removed if you install foglights. This way, you are using stock holes. :D Just be sure to use some rubber grommets from Home Depot or someplace, so the metal doesn't wear a hole into the power wire from moving around. I'd suggest using zip ties to hold everything in place nicely.

oogy-boogy
04-11-2003, 02:01 PM
Good tip Jaydub. I noticed that plastic cap but couldn't figure out how to run the wiring to it.

oogy-boogy
04-11-2003, 02:06 PM
Just like the man stated. Use zip ties to keep anything from moving around on you. A clean install=a good install.

2001RS & 2003SI
04-13-2003, 06:20 PM
I just installed a full stereo in my SI last night and I found the best place to run the power wire would be the same place the hood pop cable goes. just run the wire through the fender well and it comes out right by the battery.

Pete