PDA

View Full Version : Shady dealership experience.

jaydub
04-10-2003, 05:48 PM
So I went to the dealership to order a plug I broke when taking my backseats out, and while I'm in the parts area, I shoot the bull with the parts guy, real nice guy. They've got Mugen valve covers, Injen intakes, DC header, etc. and we're discussing the EP. As I'm walking out, one of the salesmen and his buddy are standing in front of my car, and i could hear them discussing my stereo (none of which is visible or distinguishing). I asked if I could help them with something, and they asked me how much my components were worth (!!). I told them "not much, it's a cheap ass brand." and they were whispering amongst themselves.

Assholes, now I'm positive my next purchase will be an alarm. :-\

SinisterCivicSi
04-10-2003, 06:11 PM
want me to go kick their asses? they would deserve it......they should know better, GEEZE

SinisterCivicSi
04-10-2003, 06:11 PM
oh, and you shoulda looked for hand or forehead prints on the windows, cause they musta been pressed against the glass droolin.

LordKoo
04-10-2003, 06:23 PM
Most salesmen are crooks anyway, so don't mind them... treat them as invisible or nobody...

siver-SI
04-10-2003, 06:24 PM
Yea get a security system. That is the first thing I bought and I have to say it will not make it theft perfect but I have it so that only a flat bed or some one who wants to tare apart my car to get the the alarm. When they did the install they did a tear down of the dash a little so that the only way to get to it is the tear the car apart and it has a battery back up so going under the hood will not help. That is what I did not like about the factory unit to easy to get to. If you do get a alarm make sure they put it in a good place and nut just under the dash and easy to get too.

SinisterCivicSi
04-10-2003, 06:33 PM
lol i did the same thing, i have a backup battery and a pin switch for the hood......so they got a double whammy comin!
no alarm is "fool proof" buy hey, give the bastards a run for their money if they are tryin to steal it.
isnt it a shame? you cant have anything nice, you gotta lock it up like fort knocks to avoid it getting snatched from you.....

todaCspec
04-10-2003, 07:11 PM
Maybe they heard you coming down the block before hand, bass does travel. Either way shady a$s mufogas. Could they have saw your radio in the car and knew that it was high end?

jaydub
04-10-2003, 07:25 PM
I don't even have subs yet! I dunno, maybe they were just nosey and saw the emblems on my tweeters, who knows. I wasn't worried, so much as I was just annoyed that they were really secretive about it all.

As far as alarms, even the cheapest alarm can do good, it's all about the install.

BlasTech
04-10-2003, 07:27 PM
TrustNoOne :angel:

cmk05
04-11-2003, 08:36 AM
Latest study findings:
rats respond well to a little shock therapy.

Try this:
http://www.pimall.com/nais/autot.html

cmk05
04-11-2003, 08:48 AM
I read a few weeks ago about some of the novel approaches South Africans have come up with to deal with carjackers and thieves.

One was a set of flamethrowers mounted under the driver-side door that toasts would-be thieves.

Another, and my personal favorite, is a spring-loaded metal bar mounted under the driver's door that pops out and dishes out a little behavior-correcting rap their shins.

Groupbuy anyone?

Type X
04-11-2003, 08:51 AM
a friend with an old 96 civic ex had a crazy alarm

he had sirens hidden in the fenders
under the drivers seat etc etc

crazy shit

jaydub
04-11-2003, 08:56 AM
Originally posted by cmk05
I read a few weeks ago about some of the novel approaches South Africans have come up with to deal with carjackers and thieves.

One was a set of flamethrowers mounted under the driver-side door that toasts would-be thieves.

Another, and my personal favorite, is a spring-loaded metal bar mounted under the driver's door that pops out and dishes out a little behavior-correcting rap their shins.

Groupbuy anyone?

Oh hell yes, i read that too. The guy who was discussing it said, "it can break someone's legs." :eek:

IceD out N CALI
04-11-2003, 10:04 AM
Originally posted by cmk05

Groupbuy anyone?

dayum, thats pretty brutal:o ;)

BlasTech
04-11-2003, 10:41 AM
I think I posted this before, but someone mentioned taking a thin little cushion and putting a bunch of needles in it, then leaving it in the seat for theives to plop down on...just dont forget to move it yourself!

Luckily, I garage my car at home and at work...knock on wood.

snubnose
04-11-2003, 02:25 PM
I'm firmly convinced that the stereo stolen from my Nissan was stolen by the guys who installed it.

jaydub
04-11-2003, 02:27 PM
Originally posted by snubnose
I'm firmly convinced that the stereo stolen from my Nissan was stolen by the guys who installed it. It's funny you say that, I remember a car audio shop in town going down hardcore, because they were making themselves remotes to work with certain alarms, and getting the addresses, and voila, they have the car with little hassle.

siver-SI
04-11-2003, 07:15 PM
Knowing the US way if we used any of the good stuff on are car to keep the theves away they would sue use for causing them harm. Do not laugh it has been done and they have won!

Jpax
04-11-2003, 07:54 PM
When people walk up to my car now, i set off the panic alarm, then when i walk up to it and they say " your alarm was goign off" i say ya your POS car was next to it and it wanted everyone to see it.

Then i do a Ricer Burn out....

j/k

Tekdemon
04-12-2003, 04:03 AM
well the dealer I bought my Si from originally tried to sell me a used Civic LX with like 500 miles as a new civic with 200 miles...and they did this whole show about no keys to show the mileage and crap, and then they tried to get us to go to the insurance place and get the insurance done quick quick but we wanted to look at the invoice sheet and crap to make sure it was new...

so then there was another delightful song and dance...this of course wasted 2 days of my time(they told us to come back and they'd have the keys).

Anyway I gave em the deposit but made em put it in writing that they'd refund deposit if it was more than 400 miles...which luckily it was...

So I was all ready to just refund the deposit(it was on CC too so I could dispute), when I saw the Si...and we went into bargaining...

So yeah in the end I got it down to $15500...not bad. But the dealer was shady as hell...but this car was 12 miles on the odometer...originally like 11 but we picked it up a day later cuz there was yet another little shady pull...
we had wanted to just pay with a peoplefirst loan check and put them as our lien holders, but these asses at the dealership put themselves...

uhh gee, I wonder if that's a little say, SHADY?

So we got that worked out and FINALLY after a whole fuggin week of crap, I got my car.

Just in case you guys were wondering which dealer this crap is, it's Paragon in Queens, NYC. Jackasses.

That said, I love my car =P

And I wouldn't have even bothered buying it from that dealer except they had my deposit already, and I was on a limited time schedule(and didn't realize these asses would do the lien crap) to get my car and get back to college. *sigh*

Maybe I should have bought my car at the top rated in customer satisfaction Nissan dealer in my area...Nissan's website says they're #1...and they seemed rather upfront about pricing too, although the pricing was higher than I wanted for the Spec-V(hehehe).

Stupid Paragon jackasses...grrr
even the FORD DEALER was lbetter. Honda really needs to beat these dealers. the ford dealer was nice, generally low pressure when I was checking out the Focuses, etc. But the Honda folks were asses. Seriously.

Maybe next time I'll check out a Saturn...you can return em in 30 days lol

SinisterCivicSi
04-12-2003, 06:03 AM
saturn?? (shutters at thought) please dont do that. i worked at a saturn dealer and you REALLY dont wanna buy one of those. lets just say, they are down there real close to neons as far as reliability and "cost maintenance".

Tekdemon
04-12-2003, 05:12 PM
Originally posted by snubnose
I'm firmly convinced that the stereo stolen from my Nissan was stolen by the guys who installed it.

Originally posted by jaydub
It's funny you say that, I remember a car audio shop in town going down hardcore, because they were making themselves remotes to work with certain alarms, and getting the addresses, and voila, they have the car with little hassle.
Yeah my mother has had friends who installed alarms and mysteriously the cars were then stolen...so basically she wouldn't let me get my alarm installed by a 3rd party place because there are so many shady places around. Watch your back guys...

This is why installing stuff yourself is good...cuz if you steal your own car it's not stealing!