PDA

View Full Version : A moment of Si-lence..

SubliminalSi
04-10-2003, 05:51 PM
My car is gone..I had an accident and my car is gone. I was going down a street next to my house and i looked down for a split second and when i looked up i was about an inch away from a stopped car. I turned as hard as i could and hit the brakes but i still hit the other car at about 35 mph. My driver side is fucked. The headlight is gone, the bumper is gone, the front-side is gone, the hood, the windshield, my CAI, a rim..gone. It was so scary. I remember seeing the passenger airbag fly out, smoke shoot up, glass flying everywhere. I screamed out in pain but shock soon took over and i forgot all about that. The lady i hit seems to be okay, they took her in the ambulance just to be safe. Im in quite a bit of pain. All i have left is the front H that i picked up off the ground..Be careful everyone..
http://www.imagestation.com/picture/sraid56/pa6f0b49493f36c52f62c75017c930d1f/fc782438.jpg
http://www.imagestation.com/picture/sraid56/p8a28bd401537aabba1981822144ff4e0/fc782431.jpg :(

SHAKEnBAKE
04-10-2003, 05:57 PM
:(
Oh shit.......
Sorry, man.
Don't worry, I'm sure everything will be fine, it's covered by insurance right?
For the rest of us, be careful out there.:'(

2k2SiAutoXer
04-10-2003, 05:57 PM
im sorry to hear about the accident. Its funny, when I wrecked my Si I also picked up the H. It reminds me to not do anything stupid in my car. Hope you have better luck getting it fixed than I did.

--Tom

VBP03
04-10-2003, 06:08 PM
That sucks...it always hurts to hear about a wrecked EP, but on the up side, at least you're OK. You've got that to be thankful for.

VBP

SinisterCivicSi
04-10-2003, 06:09 PM
i hope you get better soon, that so sucks.
gee this is going to sound insensative no matter how i say it so i am just going to say it.........
selling anything from the car?? lol:confused:

DownTheHatch
04-10-2003, 06:10 PM
I feel bad for you man, get well soon. At least you can still type right?

Cars can be replaced, life cannot.

There are alot more EP's out there, hopefully your insurance provider will take good care of you.

It might seem like alot of ep's are getting smashed on this site but thats just because we're hearing about every one of them, cars get smashed every single day, if we heard about all those we would probably never want to drive around the block.

SubliminalSi
04-10-2003, 06:11 PM
Originally posted by SinisterCivicSi
i hope you get better soon, that so sucks.
gee this is going to sound insensative no matter how i say it so i am just going to say it.........
selling anything from the car?? lol:confused:

To be honest it might be totaled but we dont know anything yet..Just have to wait and see:(

siver-SI
04-10-2003, 06:17 PM
Man what is up with these SIs. I am glad you are ok and I know how you feel. When I hit a wall the other week with my race car I was very stiff the next day. But when I first hit I did not feel any pain just sat in the car for a few and just looked at my hood that was not crunched up and the steam comming out of the car. All I have to say is that crashes suck but a car is replacable but you are not so just take it easy man. I guess I sould not be talking since I race a car and hit anouterh car at least once every lap it seems.

Just wondering how many have we seen now go to the grave yard?

its raining
04-10-2003, 06:21 PM
sorry to hear that. the important thing is that your okay. if its totaled, then a new blue ep for you. yeah, it does seem like a lot of the eps are getting into wrecks. scary. be safe out there.

BlackFL2k2Si
04-10-2003, 06:25 PM
Wow man, I'm definitely sorry for you. It was a great NBP Si for sure. Let us know how everything goes. If ya happen to part some stuff out, let me know also. Hopefully insurance helps you out a lot.

streaker666
04-10-2003, 06:39 PM
Oh damn...sorry for your loss. But at least you're ok, and that's all that matters right now... The troublesome part is insurance, and I hope things go well for you there. And oh, never ever take 100% fault...I've been told by an ex-insurance guy to annoy them (call them every hour) until they take off half the blame for you. Good luck.

Type X
04-10-2003, 06:55 PM
:( i liked ya ep

peopel cant be replaced though

cars can

eventhough some of us are hard on each other and others have become great friends

a car is a car

but we are flesh and blood

if its ok = rebuild
if its not = start over ;)

gito
04-10-2003, 06:59 PM
This is really sad. I hope everything gets better soon for you.

todaCspec
04-10-2003, 07:06 PM
One of my favorite black Ep's, a street warrior. Glad to see your o.k. Most accidents do happen around your home area, so lets be extra careful out there.

1fastminivan
04-10-2003, 07:52 PM
NOOOOOOOO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!<---saying it in spanish

PORQUE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! *on knees waving arms up*

dc5-K20A3
04-10-2003, 08:00 PM
Damn...sorry to hear that. Thankfully everyone's okay though

What's up with the sudden increase in EPs crashing? I see a new thread concerning wrecked EPs during my weekly visits to ephatch.com

SubliminalSi
04-10-2003, 08:19 PM
I know what you mean, i think i was jinxed:confused:

Joker
04-10-2003, 08:23 PM
I am very sorry to hear about your accident :(
As stated, I am glad to hear that you, and the lady involved are going to be ok.
Best of luck!!

HondaMan
04-10-2003, 08:24 PM
Damn! Glad you're OK bro!!!

SmoothOperator
04-10-2003, 08:25 PM
If it's a write off, go out and buy a G35. Then rub it in Type-X's face!! lol

kidding aside....glad to hear you're still in one piece.

NemesisITR
04-10-2003, 08:27 PM
HOLY SHIT!!!!!!!!!!!!

I am really glad that you are still here!!! It really sucks to wreck your car.........I know, I've wrecked 2 of mine:angel:

Hey, man you can still hang with us!!!!!

What are you going to do with your salvagable rims?

fyzm7357
04-10-2003, 08:39 PM
Sorry to hear about your accident....you had a hell of a nice car.....let us know how everything turns out.....:(

RacingCivicSi02
04-10-2003, 09:14 PM
glad your ok man

RiceCzechs
04-10-2003, 09:55 PM
Ditto everyone else's sentiments... glad to hear that you're in better shape than your ride, and I hope that stiffness subsides. I also hope that if they total your EP that you get a fair shake and decide to go with a blank slate with a new EP.

Keep us updated...

chubbychu
04-10-2003, 10:03 PM
man i totally know what you went though....it really happend to me like a half a year ago...i was driving 50 and someone had just left some FAT dust clouds...so i looked down to close my windows and i look up and SKRRRREEETCCCHHHH SMASH...B-POP white dust cloud everywhere, smelled odd......DUDE my advice....DUmp the old car...and get something else. i had to wait 4 months for my accord to get fixed with probably the same damage as yours it was 11k worth of damage. and when i got it back....everything was different....and the tranny slipped, suspension was slow and retarded and engine was just still cosmetically damaged...even after 4 months in a garage.....

it really really sucks to be at fault but its okay... youll be fine, but what a wake up call from reality huh...

IceD out N CALI
04-10-2003, 10:29 PM
sorry to hear that:( do you have any injuries?

ShowstoppersUSA
04-11-2003, 10:59 AM
Damn that sucks, sorry to hear that. I've had a similiar accident in my moms' 93' Corolla. I remember seeing the rear of the car, and thinking OMG I'm screwed! Just try not to think about it too much, and you should get over it just fine.

Rocky
Showstoppers USA

master7
04-11-2003, 11:21 AM
21 engine revs for a lost solider

--- to some of us our cars are reflections of us - so when your cars looks ugly we sometimes look ulgy--- just look in the mirror and say " i dont look that bad , i am still one cool dude :cool:

Be easy man take it easy for cheezaaa!!! By looking at pictures of yr car, i can tell you have a strong drive, you'll be road worthy sooner than later -peace

jaydub
04-11-2003, 11:42 AM
Damn really sorry to hear about your accident, glad that you're OK though.

BarracksSi
04-11-2003, 12:54 PM
Originally posted by siver-SI
Just wondering how many have we seen now go to the grave yard?

Well, this is like reading a computer troubleshooting forum and wondering why all those computers are having problems.

There are a whole lot more unharmed, unscratched EPs represented by members of this site, plus all the ones that aren't here. Accidents are rare -- but, when it's your baby, it's definitely significant.

My first car, an '86 Civic DX hatch, got obliterated by a driver running a red light. She was trying to deal with her 1-year-old kid "choking" on a candy cane (or so she says.. she was coming from a party), and just didn't think about driving. She hit me in the right rear, knocked my bumper into the Walgreen's parking lot, spinning me around. I was lucky that my rear wheels hit the curb divider and spun me bakc around, or else I would've gotten nailed in the driver's side by an oncoming van, too.

I was on my way to a friend's house, and I had just washed & waxed it, too. I even got right out and said, "Dang it, I just washed this thing!"

Glad to hear you're OK, and keep us updated on things.

ADAMnQuickCIVIC
04-11-2003, 08:57 PM
glad your ok...
you better pray they total it...
a few days ago my friend FLIPPED his Si and the insurance company decided to repair it....
$10,000 in damage...

TravisEP3
04-13-2003, 07:13 AM
Originally posted by BarracksSi

I even got right out and said, "Dang it, I just washed this thing!"

Heh, Sorry but this is funny.

:D