PDA

View Full Version : Bird poo!

gito
04-10-2003, 07:10 PM
How do I fix my paint?! I had a bird shit on my new Black Si today and we cleaned it off right away but there are still some marks left on the paint. We used turtle wax, windex and finally got it all off, but there's still a mark like a burn or a bubbling in the brand new perfect black paint! How can I fix it and/or prevent it from happening again?

SmoothOperator
04-10-2003, 08:43 PM
but there's still a mark like a burn or a bubbling in the brand new perfect black paint
That's odd considering you wiped it off right away. Usually only causes damage if you leave it there for a while. And even then, it just takes a layer off your clear coat.

chet
04-10-2003, 10:05 PM
It's just a guess, but is it possible the ammonia in the Windex damaged the paint?

Makross
04-10-2003, 10:23 PM
yeah your not suppose to spray your car with windex only WINDOWS

SmoothOperator
04-10-2003, 10:38 PM
The more I think about it, the more it sounds like you've got bad paint. A few others here had their paint bubble.
Perhaps it's got nothing to do with the bird poop at all?

BSEVEER
04-11-2003, 01:32 PM
Birds do this just to piss you off. All you have to do is lick the poop off while the birds are watching and they will see that it doesn't piss you off and they will stop pooping on your car. :D

BarracksSi
04-14-2003, 09:04 PM
That doesn't work.

Don't ask.

BlackNRedSi
07-22-2003, 06:32 PM
Originally posted by gito
How do I fix my paint?! I had a bird shit on my new Black Si today and we cleaned it off right away but there are still some marks left on the paint. We used turtle wax, windex and finally got it all off, but there's still a mark like a burn or a bubbling in the brand new perfect black paint! How can I fix it and/or prevent it from happening again?

This happened to me today....

iight, i waxed my car on saturday, today a bird took a dump on my car....wipped it off, and it shows where the bird took one...i took mothers clay bar to it, nothing still there....brought it thu a heavy duty car wash...still there....you think this stuff will ever come off...do you think it ate away @ the paint, or u think its sittin on top of the wax job i did?

gito
07-22-2003, 08:20 PM
Originally posted by BlackNRedSi

This happened to me today....

iight, i waxed my car on saturday, today a bird took a dump on my car....wipped it off, and it shows where the bird took one...i took mothers clay bar to it, nothing still there....brought it thu a heavy duty car wash...still there....you think this stuff will ever come off...do you think it ate away @ the paint, or u think its sittin on top of the wax job i did?

It has happened to me a lot and I keep trying with wax, windex, etc but it's kind of hard to get it off all the way, it's like it leaves a weird wrinkled area on the paint that I can only get off with wax and a lot of buffing. I don't know if your ep is a black one, mine is and it shows even more. I think you should try the quick wax/cleaner from Meguiars and maybe that would remove all or at least most of it. Hope this help

BarracksSi
07-22-2003, 08:50 PM
The Meguiar's Quick Detailer works pretty well for little effort, and it doesn't seem to go through the wax that's on the car. That's what I usually use for bird crap.