PDA

View Full Version : Confused about Suspension

fyzm7357
04-10-2003, 08:54 PM
Ok, the past few days I have been reading post about all the bad things about suspension. Now I'm confused and would like to know what the best thing to do would be....I would like to lower my car some, but I don't want coilovers. I live in Iowa, so it can't be too low because of the snow. I was looking at the Tein springs....is there a better one out there? Also what about shocks? Is there any good one out there yet?? What would be the best drop to have on the stock shocks? And also what exactly is a camber kit? I know this is a lot of questions, but any help would be good......

02SilverSiHB
04-11-2003, 04:41 PM
Originally posted by fyzm7357
Ok, the past few days I have been reading post about all the bad things about suspension. Now I'm confused and would like to know what the best thing to do would be....I would like to lower my car some, but I don't want coilovers. I live in Iowa, so it can't be too low because of the snow. I was looking at the Tein springs....is there a better one out there? Also what about shocks? Is there any good one out there yet?? What would be the best drop to have on the stock shocks? And also what exactly is a camber kit? I know this is a lot of questions, but any help would be good......
If I were you I wouldn't go with anything that will drop it lower than 2" tein sounds like your best bet...progress is good also. The eibach prokit drops your car only 1". Try to stay away from sprint or neuspeed race springs...they drop the car alot and it sounds like you want to stay away from that.
As for shocks, the only ones out are by Koni. The front is a total pain for those that just want to swap the shocks out. Koni did not make a full replacement shock for the front. So with koni, you have to have a shop cut you stock shock and have them put the koni perch on. As for the rear shocks, koni does have a full replacement for that.
Camber kit's help correct the negative camber you will get when you lower the car. The reason it's good to have these camber kits after lowering is to help keep from having uneven tire wear and going through tires quickly. Ingalls and sprint make some camber kits for our cars.
Hope that helped.

minimay7
04-14-2003, 01:52 AM
I am thinking about Tein Springs and Koni shocks myself. Tein spring should drop your car like 1.5" all around. And in couple months, Koni is supposed to release shocks for EP. So wait and see what comes around.

give Chuck a call at Showstoppers. I am sure he will help you out.

Dunrick
04-14-2003, 08:12 AM
TEIN - call chuck - Yes indeed!

fsugatorbait
04-14-2003, 09:30 AM
Originally posted by minimay7
I am thinking about Tein Springs and Koni shocks myself. Tein spring should drop your car like 1.5" all around. And in couple months, Koni is supposed to release shocks for EP. So wait and see what comes around.

give Chuck a call at Showstoppers. I am sure he will help you out.

Koni will be coming out with direct replacements for the front?
Any idea about how long it will be?

mhx
04-14-2003, 01:41 PM
I suggest going with eibach pro's. Eibach has also been know for the good quality of there springs.. Do not cut the bump stops when getting them installed.. Your dampers/shocks will not last as long. Lowering your car is going to reduce the life of your dampers/shocks so plan to buy something later OR do it all at once and buy a full coil over set(when they come out)

dont forget to get an alignment after your lower your car :) very important!