PDA

View Full Version : Alarm Shock Sensor sensitivity?

FACTION95Si
04-10-2003, 09:37 PM
I just got a Hornet 554T installed in my EP today. The shock sensor isn't sensitive enough. I have to pound my fist on the window pretty hard to get it to beep a couple of times or sometimes the alarm goes off all together. It was zip tied to a couple of wires but I moved it and zip tied it to a metal bracket that holds the clutch pedal to the chassis. That improved the sensitivity a bit. But its still not as sensitive as I want it. On the shock sensor there is a plastic screw that the guy at the alarm shop said adjusts the sensitivity. I messed around with that and have it turned all the way clockwise. Is that at its most sensitive setting? How can I make my alarm more sensitive??? :(

jaydub
04-10-2003, 09:46 PM
Something is obviously absorbing the vibration (i.e. pounding your fist) before it reaches the shock sensor. On my 99 Civic, my shock sensor was mounted on the bottom side of the steering column guard, and it too had a screw for adjustment. Mine was too sensitive at first, and could be set off by the wind, but I finally found a good spot.

If you keep trying and nothing happens, try to move it to a better spot, like against an interior body panel (like up by the hood release area, there's a lot of room). If all else fails, pick up another shock sensor and see if yours is defective or something.

FACTION95Si
04-10-2003, 11:03 PM
Thanks for the advice fonz! I zip tied it to the steering colum bracket up by the steering wheel. Its better now.