PDA

View Full Version : upper ball joint...

carbonSI
04-11-2003, 12:05 AM
well after about 3 months, i have finally dropped my ep today, going into it with basic knowledge and tools, with goldline springs, it took us about 6 hours or so of painstaking work, had a couple of problems, took off the brake fluid line, so we made a trip to pep boys, bought the bleeder, and back to the car, right after bleeding the line, the ball joint broke, so we had to put a few washers and put the pin back in, just to hold it until tomorrow, gotta make a trip to honda, is that the only way to fix a ball joint? buy a new one cause theres no way to fix the stripped bolt? but after being stuck on the back suspension for about an hour and a half, we figure it out, made a homemade spring compressor out of a 2x4 and a car jack :D and in the end, i look at my lowered odessy and know it was all worth it! sorry for the long post, but i had to vent! if i had to do it all over again, it would be EAAAAASSSYY :D -mike

Makross
04-11-2003, 01:29 AM
damn 6 hours thats pretty damn long my brother and i finished in 3 hours max we had a problem with the passenger side axle damn thing kept on popping out of place i was gonna go out and buy a axle too:eek: but somehow it went right back in place how did you break the ball joint? we had to rent a springs compressor from autozone props on your homemade compressor now post some pics :o

Makross
04-11-2003, 01:30 AM
btw what part of south carolina are you from?

carbonSI
04-11-2003, 09:13 AM
ya it took a hot minute to finish, im about to go to honda here in about 15 min. im in greenville south cakalaky, and ill have some pics up in a few! about to go wash my car -mike

FACTION95Si
04-11-2003, 11:23 AM
I

carbonSI
04-12-2003, 12:17 AM
well, thetie rod has a screw at the bottom of it, and it goes through the tie arm? im guessing with one bolt, and a pin to hold in place, and the ball joint got stripped so the bolt cant fit onto the tie arm... i hear they are abot 50 bucks, honda is closed on the weekend so im not gonna know until monday..:'( cant wait to "DRIVE" my car with the drop, my suspension is shitty right now, need the joint.. -mike