PDA

View Full Version : Good tuning shops in San Antonio area

USMCSI
04-11-2003, 03:55 PM
I am new to texas and the live in the San Antonio are and am looking to get some work done on my car. If anyone know of any reputable shops it would be greatly appreciated.

On a side note I am looking to do either a motor swap or go turbo what do you guys think. Does anyone out their with the turbo kit have any reliability issues?thanks

Mugen_EP
04-11-2003, 04:14 PM
I was in San Antonio for about a year and "Maximum Velocity" was the best shop I encountered. Tim is the owner and a real nice guy.

02SilverSiHB
04-11-2003, 04:29 PM
Originally posted by USMCSI
I am new to texas and the live in the San Antonio are and am looking to get some work done on my car. If anyone know of any reputable shops it would be greatly appreciated.

On a side note I am looking to do either a motor swap or go turbo what do you guys think. Does anyone out their with the turbo kit have any reliability issues?thanks
yeah, maxium velocity and street strip are good shops.

Maxiumum Velocity is located off of Grissom. Take culebra to where it intersects with tezel and grissom. Take a right on grissom towards Bandera. The shop is to the left on some road I can't remember, sorry, but it's in a big area with other body shops...it will seem like a cheap place from the outside, but it's pretty good.

Street Strip is on Marbach, inside the loop 410 going towards military. If you get onto marbach from 410, the shop will be on your right, if you get on marbach from military the shop will be on your left.

USMCSI
04-11-2003, 11:55 PM
Hey thanks guys! I'm going to drive by them and scout them both out tomm. Sorry gotta try to rule out the ricey bullshit factor. There is another shop listed on jdmhondaparts.com that is a distributer for them I might see what they are like too.