PDA

View Full Version : How to install blinker bulb?

whtep19
04-11-2003, 05:52 PM
I have a pair of xenon bulbs I need to install but reaching my hand in that little space is a bitch! Is it easier just to peel back the plastic trim thru the fender? How did u guys get urs in?

esmith13
04-11-2003, 05:59 PM
if you read your manual, I believe it TELLS you to peel back the wheel well liner and do it that way...

If it dosen't actually say that, oh well... That's how I did it the last 3 times I played with my front blinkers... VERY easy that way...

Eric.

whtep19
04-11-2003, 06:34 PM
Hmmmm.... Dont really fell like doing that ...I wonder if these bulbs will fit in the side markers( The ones by the door ) DO u know the bulb size for them?

esmith13
04-12-2003, 03:48 AM
if your not dropped, all you have to do is remove two pop-screws and pull down the liner and tuck it behind your tire...

as for bulb sizes, the front and rear blinkers are the same. The front running lights, side blinkers, third break light, and all but the rear ceiling interior light are the same (194) bulb.

Eric.

BarracksSi
04-13-2003, 01:21 AM
The blinker bulbs' size is 1157, correct?

And, why am I having such trouble finding those "metalized" bulbs that have the reflective coating but still light up amber? Criminy...

whtep19
04-13-2003, 05:56 PM
I kno pep boys has em' (APC) I almost bought em myself their just bulbs right? So the 194s will fit? THink i'll return the other ones for those

whtep19
04-13-2003, 05:58 PM
By sidemarkers u do mean the clear ones on the fender with the orange bulb right???

BarracksSi
04-15-2003, 02:50 PM
Yup, those are side markers/blinkers by the door, which are almost too easy to pop out, and hold a 194 size bulb.

I had tried some amber LED 194-size bulbs in those markers, but since the bulb assembly itself is so directional, it didn't shine as much light to the rear (towards a car in my blind spot, for example) as the regular filament bulbs.

I like LEDs, but I don't think they get fully used unless they're in housings & reflectors designed for them. If a light originally has a filament bulb -- like the parking lights on top of the headlights -- then it whould be replaced by a filament bulb to be the brightest.

Then again, I really wanna put in HIDs..