PDA

View Full Version : Installed my Neuspeeds, but looked what happened!

Chrisbgft
04-12-2003, 01:16 AM
Well, i got my new neuspeed race springs in the mail today and me and my friends decide to put them on. My friends do springs all the time so i was worried at all. We get the back springs done in about an hour and everyone was surprised how easy it was. Well then we get to the front..OMG. First of all we couldnt get the whole strut out. The stabilzer bar wouldnt let go, so we just compressed the spring in the wheelhouse and did it like that. Also, we didnt know about the axel. The Axel fell out! So, we had to take the bearings and line them back up and push them all back in on both sides. We spent a total of about 6 hours doing the springs. They are in a have a nice drop but there is a terrible clucking sound coming for the fronts. Anyone know what this can be?

Jodster
04-12-2003, 01:30 AM
You might have not seeded the springs correctly. You are more than likely going to have to take the fronts off and reinstall them.

ssvr6
04-12-2003, 06:25 AM
You will have to take the fronts off and either A) Realign them or B) Pack them with TONS of grease.

My guess is a combination of A and B. Also, did you guys cut the bumpstops? You have to do that too.

Good luck,

Steve

esmith13
04-12-2003, 06:32 AM
Wait till you try to get it aligned.....

1 week later, and I still can't find an alignmemt shop that uses cameras to take pictures of the heads.......

Bumper is too low to have alignment done on the older machines that use the laser eye.....

Got banged $30 at the first place too... They claim that they had to charge a "standard" check-up fee even though it was not my fault their equipment was over 5 years old!!!

I'm doomed.....

Oh, yeah, Steve...

Why do you have to cut the bump stops?? I had a Mechanic install my springs and he said they went on fine and the isolators too... I have no bangs or creaks with mine??

Eric

ssvr6
04-12-2003, 07:36 AM
My progress springs drop 1.8" and in the instructions they said to cut the stops in half. I would assume the same to be true for the 2.25" drop the race springs provide.

Steve

1abSi
04-12-2003, 10:56 AM
dood i am having a problem just like that with my progress....did they give you any insulation stuff to wrap around the springs???? i have added some more and ti has helped some....might be the grease as well. i already took mine apart just to check it they were seated wrong but they were fine....let me know if you solve it

ssvr6
04-12-2003, 11:40 AM
After the initial install, I brought it back and had TONS of grease added. Fixed it right up.

I love this drop.

Steve

Chrisbgft
04-12-2003, 03:32 PM
where do i add the grease? Can someone show me in a pic where to put it? I just dont want to put it everywhere it look like shit..ya know?

SinisterCivicSi
04-12-2003, 05:31 PM
speakin of the neuspeed springs.....was anyone suprised at how FREAKIN HUGE the two rear ones are? i havent put mine on yet...hopefully i get her back monday from the dealer. but MAN! i opened the box and was like oh shit, i got somebody's navagator springs or something....
it was a good laugh for sure - of course my husband was clownin me and the springs.....he has a 2000 si

AznPower
04-12-2003, 05:52 PM
lol it took me a total of 2 days to get my axle back in. Just pushed and turned to axle for lik 12 stright hrs and thats only on one side alone.

bmx269
04-12-2003, 06:39 PM
The Front springs are the huge ones, not the rear. :)

SinisterCivicSi
04-12-2003, 07:12 PM
are they really??????? wow , i assumed they would go in the back, i tried to peek at the stock ones, but couldnt get a good look.
cant wait to get them on though.

Mad02Si
04-12-2003, 10:02 PM
Wish I would have known you were getting springs could have gave you some advice. You will probaly have to remove the struts the right way and realign them, I dont think grease will help if the springs aren't seated right.

CivicSiR4U2NV
04-13-2003, 07:48 AM
Originally posted by ssvr6
You will have to take the fronts off and either A) Realign them or B) Pack them with TONS of grease.

My guess is a combination of A and B. Also, did you guys cut the bumpstops? You have to do that too.

Good luck,

Steve

Steve, You do not need to cut the bumpstops for the Neuspeed Race Springs. Actually the instructions explictly says DO NOT CUT FACTORY BUMPSTOPS as they were designed to use them as they came from the factory. Oh! and the drop for race springs is 2" not 2.25" drop.

1abSi
04-13-2003, 09:46 PM
see the thing is I REDID my fronts a couple days after to check and make sure they were done right....and they were....so i don't know..it's not that bad untill i hit a larger bump or go over a speed bump. then it clangs and crap. i want it fixed so i can get my wheels alligned

Jpax
04-14-2003, 12:56 AM
If you are still getting a clunking sound from the axles, then try removing the drive shaft agin and installing it, then toqure the nut to the factory spec. i have had people install the nut to finger tight, and the spec calls for 134ft lbs....lol....

1abSi
04-14-2003, 05:23 AM
i never had to remove the drive shaft.

EDIT******** i redid them again today(for the third time) this time added a whole shit load of grease and some more insulator shit to the coils......NO MORE NOISE....i am sooooo happy

esmith13
04-14-2003, 06:59 AM
CivicSiR4U2NV,

Just to let you know, you and Steve are both right....

Neuspeed Race springs are 2.25" drop in front and 2.0" drop in rear.

Eric.

chubbychu
05-09-2003, 11:13 PM
old post...sorry for draggin it up

but ive read little tidbits here and there about some "axel" but whats up with it?

SinisterCivicSi
05-10-2003, 06:07 AM
actually according to the neuspeed site, its a 2.0 drop in the front AND the back....but i am sure that it might be slighly different for every car depending on your strut condition or if you have a slightly heavier car that joe smoe.

the axle thingie? all i know is that you have to secure the axle or it will fall off the car when your working on the springs.

EP33
05-10-2003, 07:40 AM
Has anyone actually measured before and after their drop?

Am I the only 1 :eek:

My half shafts pop out everytime I pull the strut out, it only takes my a couple of turns and pushes with the car in neutral and it falls into place.

The sh*ts a b*tch though :o

SinisterCivicSi
05-10-2003, 07:51 AM
once i get my new tires i will do the measure thing too.