AznPower
04-12-2003, 03:32 PM
:(

AznPower
04-12-2003, 03:35 PM
:'(

tsa1
04-12-2003, 03:38 PM
the rear doesnt look too bad and the front isnt as bad as sublimial's car. if you dont mind me asking? what kind of rims are those? hopefully everything turns out good.

blackyEP3
04-12-2003, 04:19 PM
What is the story behind this sadness?

ep_nezay
04-12-2003, 04:22 PM
man....that sucks , what happened?

IceD out N CALI
04-12-2003, 04:27 PM
ouch, yeah what is the story behind this?

AznPower
04-12-2003, 05:32 PM
rims are 18" toxxins. the story is the whole inside of my back tire blew off while i was going about 60 on the highway and it threw me into the wall and i slid on the wall for maybe 20yards. fucked up part is it hit on the driver side and only the passenger side airbag blew and busted my windsheild. going to honda and complaining when my car is fixed

jaydub
04-12-2003, 08:37 PM
Originally posted by AznPower
fucked up part is it hit on the driver side and only the passenger side airbag blew and busted my windsheild. going to honda and complaining when my car is fixed
No offense, but why would Honda be at fault? It wasn't the sort of collision where both airbags would deploy (judging from your description), howver something obviously set off the sensor to make the pass one go off. It's not like the steering wheel fell off and your seats flew out. :rolleyes: At least you're safe, things could've been much worse.

SubliminalSi
04-12-2003, 08:49 PM
The reason the drivers side didnt go off is because you had the seatbelt on. And since there wasnt anyone on the passenger side, the car though the seatbelt wasnt in so it blew the air bag. The same thing happened to me:o

RiceCzechs
04-12-2003, 08:58 PM
Originally posted by SubliminalSi
The reason the drivers side didnt go off is because you had the seatbelt on. And since there wasnt anyone on the passenger side, the car though the seatbelt wasnt in so it blew the air bag. The same thing happened to me:o

Huh??

So you're suggesting that if you wear your seatbelts, the system is designed to disable your airbags??

*shakes head*

Say it with me now: Airbags are SUPPLIMENTAL RESTRAINT SYSTEMS. SRS. Not in lieu of seatbelts, in addition to...

We need a monkey smilie that shakes its head... :eek:

AznPower
04-13-2003, 02:53 PM
got a question about the airbag now. I opt not to replace airbag and putting a tv in instead. But my srs light is on. how do i get it to turn off. do i go to honda, or will they just give me a "the only way is to replace the airbag" treatment

LordKoo
04-13-2003, 09:25 PM
AznPower, i think you got two legal cases here:

First, the tire blew while you are going 60mph... That means the tire was defective. So, if the tire is indeed the problem, the tire manufacturer has to compensate you for your damages. Second, Honda's airbag should not just deploy when you hit the barrier with the side of your car. What if there is a passenger in the seat?

I would say, you got two good cases on your side.

jaydub
04-13-2003, 09:27 PM
Originally posted by LordKoo
AznPower, i think you got two legal cases here:

First, the tire blew while you are going 60mph... That means the tire was defective. So, if the tire is indeed the problem, the tire manufacturer has to compensate you for your damages. Second, Honda's airbag should not just deploy when you hit the barrier with the side of your car. What if there is a passenger in the seat?

I would say, you got two good cases on your side.

I wouldn't say he has any cases, because it sounds like there's a lot more to this story than we're hearing. Nonetheless, if a tire blows out at 60mph, it's quite possible that something was in the road, a nail or screw, something like that. As far as the airbag, you'll have a hard time getting anywhere because nobody was injured by it.

LordKoo
04-13-2003, 10:46 PM
Even if there is a nail or whatever on the road, what evidence is there to say it is the cause of the tire problem? Even if there is, the tire should not just blew out without control! Why would us be paying so much for tires? That is the responsibility of manufacturers to ensure such crap would not happen!

Remember Firestone case?

RiceCzechs
04-13-2003, 10:52 PM
Tires aren't indestructible, and blowouts do occur... road debris can shred a tire in a blink of an eye, and that doesn't mean Pirelli, Firestone, Michelin, or whomever built a defective tire... the airbag might be an issue, but I doubt he'll get anywhere without some serious legwork... :(

AznPower
04-13-2003, 11:25 PM
well i know for a fact the reason my tire blew out was because of camber problems i dont know if anything else attribute to it. bout the thing about the air bag was that it hit on the left side alone. The passenger side never was touch. On my bumper the whole passenger side was untouch and clean. after taking off the bumper still i found nothing on the left side.

Tekdemon
04-13-2003, 11:57 PM
I don't believe there's so many people bitching about the airbag on the passenger side going off...I looked at the complaints about Honda page and a lot of the time it's the same complaint that an airbag on the passenger side blew and the driver didn't...

The SRS system in our Hondas has speed/deceleration sensitive airbags...which means if you have your seatbelt on it shouldn't shoot em out unless you crash above a certain speed(decelerate from a certain speed). However, if your seatbelt is OFF, it will poof the airbag out even in a low speed accident(like going 10mph) because it doesn't want your seatbeltless butt to go flying through the window or into the dash.

Of course the lousy thing about this is that if there's nobody there the system triggers anyway because it doesn't think anybody's buckled in and wants to make sure the passenger doesn't die in case there IS one.

I think the version of the EP with side airbags might not shoot out passenger airbags in low speed passengerless crashes, but I am NOT sure about this...this might be true though because that version has sensors for the side airbags that detect passengers, but they might just be for height and not presence!

So if you're really paranoid I guess you can buckle up the passenger seat even without passengers...

Maybe you guys should read the manual...I think it actually explains the airbags in depth...

Tekdemon
04-14-2003, 12:08 AM
I also think we should be thankful Honda actually thought about safety seriously this time...yeah it makes the car heavier but the EP is heads and shoulders above previous civics...plus hatchbacks are usually notorious for inferior structural rigidity.

My R.A. got into a car accident about 2 weeks ago and I found out today(wtf?! nobody tells me!?) and it turns out he was a passenger when the car crashed into a pole by his seat...he's still in intensive care and he had to be put on the respirator for a while...so he's in pretty bad shape...but he can breathe now and supposedly he can talk now. I'm gonna go visit him on wednesday, hopefully he will be out of ICU by then or we'll have to visit later.

FUCK, a fire alarm just went off here...ugh

TriniTurismo
04-14-2003, 12:36 AM
LISTEN GUYS FROM WHAT I SEE here his airbag should of gone off . i don't care when yall excuses are it should of went off. honda is at fault for not having that air bag good off. once the sensor is hit both must beploy. bot not one. that is retatred if it detects system seat belts are on and no need for airbag to deploy . dude ur bags both of them should of went together. AT LEAST UR SAFE MAN. sorry about ur car man. but complaine to honda dealer and if they can't do anything write to coporate of honda they take these things very serious. take car man good luck. :confused:

StrangeShadow
04-14-2003, 01:47 AM
honda might just say, 'look at this part of the manuel that says,'''not to put on after market wheels of a diff. size and all...'''
don't get me wrong, I'm into after market wheels, however keep in mind, honda might just tell you that...sucks, hope things work out for you.

crex2nr
04-14-2003, 06:24 AM
OUCH!! :'( :o

golferjn
04-14-2003, 08:07 PM
sorry to hear that man

TriniTurismo
04-14-2003, 08:43 PM
hey man honda may say something about the wheels u got a point bro but the air bag would of not went off cause of wheels, i think it would of been the same reaction, wheels will not cause it to not go off. it might of been a defect. honda has to prove it that the wheel cause the air bag to not go off.

StrangeShadow
04-14-2003, 11:48 PM
tire blew on after market wheels=accident=airbag going off.

IF he had left the stock wheels=no tire blowing=no accident=no airbag going off.

CASE CLOSED=OWNERS FAULT

(yes I know this really sucks, but this is America where IN THE COURTS we let sex affenders go and and screw the innocent for putting on after market wheels, sucky how our corts work sometimes...hehe:p )

StrangeShadow
04-14-2003, 11:50 PM
NOTE: I'm not saying it's your fault bro, just saying that is the case they would use against you, especially if you claimed injury due to the airbag, and that's why I decided premed not prelaw hehe:p

Tekdemon
04-15-2003, 12:19 AM
no...not both airbags must go off...
Once again each airbag is SPEED SENSITIVE. They have set trigger speeds in them, but the trigger level is lowered by a LOT if you DO NOT HAVE A SEATBELT ON. An empty seat is TREATED AS IF THE PASSENGER DOES NOT HAVE A SEATBELT ON!

Thus the passenger side airbag had the setoff threshold lowered(I think it's around 10mph without a seatbelt!) but the driver side did not(airbags don't deploy until there's about a 30mph+ crash speed IF YOU HAVE SEATBELTS ON).

read the fricking manual about the fricking airbags. I really don't get why you people don't read the friggin manuals.

Far as I can tell you didn't smash into anything at high speed, so there very well might not have been enough deceleration to trigger your airbag at all! This means if you had buckled in the passenger belt the passenger airbag probably wouldn't have triggered either.

Makross
04-15-2003, 12:52 AM
DAmn! when did this happen? thats F'd up sorry dude

jaydub
04-15-2003, 08:21 AM
Nobody reads the manual, that's why we have a daily question about the maintenance required light. :rolleyes: