PDA

View Full Version : Sacramento, Ca saw a really nice NBP Si, rims girl driving...

ep pilot
04-12-2003, 04:15 PM
I just wanted to find out if you were on this site. Nice Si I didn't get that good of a look, as we both must have passed each other going about 75 mph, in opposite directions, Me= westbound You= eastbound about 1:15pm U.S.50 I was in a stock Satin Si I think you noticed my Si cause you looked right at me, anyhow, very nice Id like to know what kind of rims you have, they look great spinning.

Last night on Arden way, getting off I-80 I was in front of a white Si dropped on bronze wheels, also looked very clean, very nice.

Also, one week ago I had gone to Best Buy in Rocklin, across from the Galleria mall. Parked side by side to a dropped taffeta Si, shod w/ 18" wheels, carbon hood, tints. I was gonna say whats up, but you and your friend were way ahead of me, I was carrying a large surround sound box and could not walk any faster, oh-well nice Si.

Seriously, I think our cars are becoming more and more popular, almost every other enthusiast site chastizes our cars for being un-attractive, underpowered and off-target for this niche market, especially since the introduction of cars like the Evo8, SRT-4, and the re-styled WRX. IMO I feel the excessively gouged pricing of the aforementioned has placed most potential buyers out of that market, and re-considering more value oriented sport-compacts like our Si. I have noticed from seeing one Si a month in Sacramento, to three-four a week, to now as often as three a day. I don't know what to think, but it couldn't be a bad thing. One thing is for sure, I can recall when nearly every Civic that rolled off the assy line was Satin silver, now I rarely every see another silver Si, always VBP, or TW, or NBP........

-Ryan

raiyo
04-12-2003, 05:42 PM
First off, that wasn't me, heheh. I wonder will anyone notice my ride when you guys pass by me. I bet no one will. Only thing special about mine (exterior) is only a nice shine. When it isn't raining that is. Stock to the bone.

ep88
04-12-2003, 05:46 PM
saw a stock blue SI at ocean ave, SF :D

ep pilot
04-12-2003, 06:16 PM
There are two Silver Ep's that I pass nearly everyday to work, both of them are driven by older males about 45ish all stock like mine. One of the best aspects of driving the Si to me, is that when you see another one driving around and make eye contact it's just weird, almost like wow.....so thats what my car looks like out in traffic. I've been wanting my buddy to drive my car around and follow him in his Eclipse, just to see what my car looks like when it's moving, the wheels turning, etc......

Oddly enough, I have been noticing more frequently, that most of the Si's I see in my area, have the roof mount antenna missing. I know that a lot of the sport compacts are using this design, and I know Volkswagen does for sure, because I tradded my '02 Jetta in for my Si' and I had an S2000 antenna on it, because I like the shorter antenna better than Volkswagens longer one. Anyway I hope this is not a new trend to steal the antenna of of our cars...

-Ryan

IceD out N CALI
04-12-2003, 06:18 PM
it was me, j./k:cool: