PDA

View Full Version : A balance between sport and refinement?

snubnose
08-02-2002, 04:27 PM
The Si seems to have none of the compromises that plague small, sporty cars. Although it is fast, agile and powerful, it is also quiet, smooth and refined.

I don't experience any noise, vibration or harshness. The Si is very comfortable and not fatiguing. But at the same time it loves to rev and accelerates instantly.

This isn't supposed to be possible at this price class.

Is this an accurate description of the Si?

dannysi
08-02-2002, 04:36 PM
It's right on the money. I don't feel anything with my car and that is hard with the F*@ked up streets in NY. I car seems happier in the high RPM's.

stingyboy
08-02-2002, 05:06 PM
seriously, i'm beginning to think snubnose is a honda executive. is Japanese your first language? :p

m0ns00n
08-02-2002, 05:06 PM
gawd I love this car :D. Had an awesome drive today..

snubnose
08-02-2002, 05:19 PM
Probably, I'm not enough of a connoisseur of cars to be more objective.

But, is it possible that a less expensive car can somehow be higher quality than one that is more expensive?

iR-VTEC2
08-02-2002, 09:16 PM
well lets take a look at my lady's X5. Sure it's not a sporty car..its a sports utility so I guess thats fair!

It has Driver and passenger motorized seats, power telescopic column, one touch windows and sunroof, dual climate ac's, leather, air bags all around, cd player, onboard computer, GPS, cellphone linkup, 5 speed automatic (YES 5 speed) PLUS 5 speed semiauto, built in CD storage, compartments up the ying yang, sunglasses holder (in roof), garage door opener, HID auto adjusting headlights, power hear hatch, power fold down seat, and many more.

There are seat/rearview/steering column/ac memory settings for each driver that can be turned on via memory buttons on the seats or when each driver presses the "unlock" key. Very cool.

The engine is FRICKEN powerful, eats my car with ease. In fact..it eats MOST cars with ease. The brakes are awesome, the thing sounds mean, its beautiful.

Now to answer the question if a car with a smaller price could be of a better quality...

YES!!! YES IT CAN!!! I STILL think my civic is built better!! MUAHAHAHA. H8 BMW's

chunky
08-02-2002, 09:33 PM
hahahhaha!!!!!

that last post fucking cracked me up.

bmw's have shitty build quality. the si is the epitome of econo-classY.

not a lot of loot, but still a beaut.

yes, yes i just busted out the rhyme.

DynaSpeed
08-03-2002, 03:45 PM
The engine is FRICKEN powerful, eats my car with ease. In fact..it eats MOST cars with ease. The brakes are awesome, the thing sounds mean, its beautiful. It must be the 4.4i, then. Cuz that 3.0 is *not* considered fast, powerful, spry.... etc.
Now, the 4.6i on the other hand.... whoa. That's a serious machine. But for $70,000 I think I'd take something else.

iR-VTEC2
08-03-2002, 03:49 PM
it was actually 59K. And yes for that money i'd get something else as well. but you gotta admit. That's one bad mofo'in SUV.

My gf is all "i didnt get it cuz of the engine" SUUUUUUREEEE
And guess what. She's tellin the truth!!!! Hehe chicks. She bought it cuz "the wheels are prettyful!"

Must be nice to have more money than some countries : / IM GLAD I MET HER!! HAHA.

DynaSpeed
08-03-2002, 04:05 PM
Oh, I was talking about the 4.6is. *Starts* at $66,000. The one I looked at was 74k. (unless she got it used of course)

The 4.4i starts at 50k.

But, I think I'd rather get an H2.

iR-VTEC2
08-03-2002, 04:48 PM
yeah 4.6. 66? really? thats a rip off!