PDA

View Full Version : engine light!?

SiGirl
04-13-2003, 04:41 PM
Hey guys, this is my first post, so bear with me. I took my new Si to autocross for the second time today, and on my third run (after a slolom) my engine light comes on and the vtec wont engage. What the HELL!?! Does anyone know what is going on? I talked to a honda tech who thinks it may be a faulty sensor. I friggin hope thats all it is, because the car only has 3500 miles on it. Thanks for any help.:eek:

Jpax
04-13-2003, 04:48 PM
YOu should do a search, it could be because of lack of oil into the head area, When hard cornering. A lot of people on here have had a simmular problem.

Did a Quick search on Vtech (http://ephatch.com/forum/search.php?action=showresults&searchid=82389&sortby=lastpost&sortorder=descending)

sniperSI
04-13-2003, 05:25 PM
Yeah, your not getting enough pressure into the vtec solinoid that engages it or whatever,t shouldnt autocross your car with such little miles on it just a thought.

bioevolve
04-13-2003, 07:15 PM
Need to get a higher volume oil pump gear, possibly Type-R one. Or you can add more oil or thicker oil to trickle down slower. Just options.

SHAKEnBAKE
04-13-2003, 07:28 PM
While where still on the topic here, I was wondering if we could run a dry sump oil system, to take care of oil problems during cornering?

SiGirl
04-13-2003, 07:54 PM
The hoda tech I talked to said that the sensor is too sesitive and that honda had been replacing them. He told me to take the car to his honda dealership and they would fix it. But now I realize my problem had to do with low oil. Evidently my Si has been really burning through oil. Im not sure what to do about this.

bioevolve
04-13-2003, 08:11 PM
If you are at low mileage, you will burn oil during the break-in period until the rings seat. I would say about 1500-3500 miles is a safe figure to fully set the everything.

NemesisITR
04-13-2003, 08:13 PM
just wait until someone comes out with a baffled oil pan. I ran into the same problem with my ITR on the road course.

SiGirl
04-13-2003, 08:25 PM
So, WTF? Should I not be autocrossing with just 3500 miles on my car? EEEK! I thought that was ok, and no one has said anything about it until now. Don't be scared to make fun of me here if that was a moronic thing to do. My car ran great last time, and the car has run great up to today.

NemesisITR
04-13-2003, 09:07 PM
go ahead and autocross it, just add another quart to make sure you keep the oil level up. i had to do this on my R

Jpax
04-13-2003, 09:11 PM
Originally posted by NemesisITR
go ahead and autocross it, just add another quart to make sure you keep the oil level up. i had to do this on my R

I second that. its best to just keep track of the oil level. What was yourtime? :)

NemesisITR
04-13-2003, 09:21 PM
Originally posted by PaXiE

I second that. its best to just keep track of the oil level. What was yourtime? :)

if this is in reference to me, each autocross track is different = different times cant compare

my roadcourse events where untimed