PDA

View Full Version : Is the '02 Si a masculine car?

snubnose
08-01-2002, 01:21 PM
It seems that mostly men own this car. This is a good thing. I don't want to find out I bought a girl's car. You know, the equivalent of a pink bicycle with a straw basket.

I think the the black Si is a very masculine car. It reminds me of very masculine, predatory animals: the eel, the shark, the black mamba.

It seems that the VW beetle is a girl's car. The RSX base is a girl's car. The Mustang convertible is a girl's car. Girls like feminine things like ponies and cute little bugs.

There is one thing that scares girls about the Si. The manual shifting. I don't think girls like stick shifts. Girls like clutchless shifting, though. They think it's fun.

I'm glad I bought a man's car. Just think, I was considering a VW beetle. If I purchased the beetle, I would have to explain everywhere I went,

"It's not mine, I'm borrowing my sister's"

MadMax
08-01-2002, 01:40 PM
civic owners:
:rolleyes:

i-WERKS
08-01-2002, 01:40 PM
I was thinking the same thing. Most people would natually think hatches are girls cars. I think what makes our cars masculine is the seats the shifter and the steering wheel.

MadMax
08-01-2002, 01:44 PM
The RSX base is a girl's car.

Care to back that up?

Oh... maybe you mean "It's better-looking than the civic therefore it must be a girl's car"?

Type X
08-01-2002, 01:47 PM
Originally posted by MadMax

Care to back that up?

Oh... maybe you mean "It's better-looking than the civic therefore it must be a girl's car"?

nope pretty much every single weak ass base RSX i have seen was female

the cars great dont get me wrong
but it seems girls moved from White es300's to g20's to Rsx's :)

i-WERKS
08-01-2002, 01:48 PM
Originally posted by Type X

ummm. The base RSX engine is the same as the Si

Type X
08-01-2002, 02:00 PM
Originally posted by i-WERKS

its a weak ass base WHEN THERE IS ANOTHER OPTION OF A HIGHER MOTOR? unless u see another motor for our Si's? from the dealer?

MadMax
08-01-2002, 02:04 PM

Well i know 2 other base rsx owners. And they are both guys.

The only female rsx owner i know has a type s.

From what Ive heard the typical reaction of a female to the civic si is: "Awww... Isnt that CUTE!"
:D

Correct, except that the RSX's makes more TORQUE - an undoubtedly masculine feature.

grooveline
08-01-2002, 02:05 PM
A base RSX is not a girls car, ok, well, a manual RSX is not a girls car. beetles, golfs, v6 mustangs(convertable included), 4door civics. But in essence, the only that makes these girl cars is that fact that you can hang one of those flowered lei/ lai/lay? things easily from the rear view mirror.

snubnose
08-01-2002, 02:06 PM
Guys might buy the base RSX 5 speed, but only a girl would buy a base with "sport shifting"

MadMax
08-01-2002, 02:08 PM
its a weak ass base WHEN THERE IS ANOTHER OPTION OF A HIGHER MOTOR? unless u see another motor for our Si's? from the dealer?

Since Im sure that you realize that Honda and Acura are the same company, it shouldnt come as a big surprise to you that the civic Si and the RSX are mechanically almost identical. So essentially an Si with a "higher" motor would be a RSX type-S.

Its like if GM offered both a v6 and a v8 in the camaro, but only offered a v6 in the firebird. They you buy the Firebird and call the v6 camaro a girls car?

SLOlife
08-01-2002, 02:10 PM
Mitsu Eclpise is a girls car. Over 65% of owners are girls!
But then again I see alot of c5 and c4 being driven by women, so go figure:rolleyes:

MagusDC5
08-01-2002, 02:13 PM
There are only 3 other RSX's where I live...2 are bases, 1 female one male, the other is a Type S, driven by a guy who looks older than 65(still gave me a thumbs up).

Any car could be called a females car if you look it...around here there are only 2 EP3's that have even been sold, both driven by girls(baby poop yellow and black).

MagusDC5
08-01-2002, 02:15 PM
Originally posted by snubnose
Guys might buy the base RSX 5 speed, but only a girl would buy a base with "sport shifting"

and thats just wrong, I know plenty of guys who went with the auto SS, reasons being traffic and other things...even I was going to go with the base with SS because of horrific traffic but Arctic Blue Pearl and an ITR conversion I just could not pass up.

MookieBlaylock5
08-01-2002, 02:36 PM
Originally posted by Type X

I met a girl last nite who wanted to race me. She kicked my ass in her RSX-S with i/h/e. I think I'm in love.

iR-VTEC2
08-01-2002, 02:36 PM
Originally posted by grooveline
A base RSX is not a girls car, ok, well, a manual RSX is not a girls car. beetles, golfs, v6 mustangs(convertable included), 4door civics. But in essence, the only that makes these girl cars is that fact that you can hang one of those flowered lei/ lai/lay? things easily from the rear view mirror.

Lei would be the correct one.

Mahalo Nui Loa!

HondaMan
08-01-2002, 02:45 PM
Well, I've seen 2 other EPs now...1 with a girl (silver in Portland, OR) & 1 with an older guy (white in Tacoma, WA)...I see lots of Civic Coupes and the vast majority are driven by chicks...except for the Coupe Si. RSX's are about 50/50...raced 2 guys near Fife, WA in a RSX-S.

Burgh
08-01-2002, 04:54 PM
Girls cars? There is ONLY ONE - The Volkswagen Cabrio.
But I have to say that it is pretty funny seeing a guy driving a bug.

David K.
08-01-2002, 07:29 PM
Ya'll lay off the baby poop yell.... I mean euro yellow!!!! BTW, does anybody know how many of the 12000 Si's are yellow?

JaycivicSi
08-01-2002, 08:02 PM
i agree with burgh. the VW Cabrio is the ultimate girl car. some kid in my school got a cabrio. its really funny to watch him drive with the top down and listen to his boy band music.

02SilverSiHB
08-01-2002, 08:09 PM
Originally posted by snubnose
It seems that mostly men own this car. This is a good thing. I don't want to find out I bought a girl's car.
I don't think too many girls find this car attractive. Having girls not like the car doesn't mean a good thing. Besides a mustang is a masculine car, and I love seeing a woman driving one, gets me going :D

!@#$%
08-02-2002, 02:21 PM
all I ever see is girls driving the si coupes. all girls. and they are ALWAYS EBP. maybe this says something about the coupe si's as well? end of story

MagusDC5
08-02-2002, 02:45 PM
Originally posted by !@#$%
all I ever see is girls driving the si coupes. all girls. and they are ALWAYS EBP. maybe this says something about the coupe si's as well? end of story

not around here

cleanblack2002
08-04-2002, 08:35 AM
02SilverSiHB....... I don't think too many girls find this car attractive. Having girls not like the car doesn't mean a good thing. Besides a mustang is a masculine car, and I love seeing a woman driving one, gets me going

Well, Im a girl and I really like the way this car looks. My boyfriend has one and it looks awesome with the mods he added to the car. I dont know if I would personally own one.....I think its a lil bit to big for me, but that doesnt mean I dont like the way it looks.... Most girl like small "cute" looking cars and the Si doesnt say "cute". It seems more of the "Man's" car.....I duno, I like it regardless :)