PDA

View Full Version : Everyone needs to see this. ($250,000.00) EP

SiNi$t3R
04-13-2003, 08:39 PM
I recently picked up an issue of Super Street and saw this. The pics I have put up did not come from the mag. The mag pics are way better. I urge everyone to pick this up just to see this fine EP. Im not talkin about the outside either. Im talkin about the ideas and design behind this strange and exciting creation by Alpine.

The picture posted up on this thread does not do this car justice. !!! I usually dont buy Super Street magazine. But when i saw this car on the mag, I had to get it. U guys need to see this in the mag and u will understand what the hell im ranting and raving about.

The next several posts are courtesy of Motor Trend.

SiNi$t3R
04-13-2003, 08:41 PM
Each January, CES showcases the latest electronic products that will both stock and rock retailer shelves in the spring. Talented mobile entertainment designers and installers are inspired to extend the envelope of installation creativity and technology, each trying to one-up their industry colleagues as they showcase the bleeding-edge technology. Despite several noteworthy efforts this year, the clear consensus of the CES experts was that Alpine's in-house Advanced Application Design team of Chris Yato and Steve Brown reached further and higher than anyone thought possible.

jaydub
04-13-2003, 08:42 PM
hehe yeah we discussed this at length on here last week. Let me tell you, it's even more impressive in person.

SiNi$t3R
04-13-2003, 08:42 PM
The Civic's system is the most radical installation ever produced by the Alpine team, requiring the entire car interior to be gutted. The idea was to design an absolute optimum listening environment placing the driver squarely in the center of the cockpit for optimum sound. With the knowledge that the Civic Si would solely be a show car and not intended for street driving, Yato and Brown completely replaced the car's dashboard, reconstructing a driving environment matching equal parts McLaren F1 and Lockheed SR-71 Blackbird. These extreme measures helped elevate the Alpine project car to premier show status, like million-dollar concept cars unveiled earlier in January at Los Angeles and Detroit.

SiNi$t3R
04-13-2003, 08:43 PM
Five Alpine TME-M760 6.5-inch widescreen video monitors dominate the interior, facing the driver, surrounded by motorized pods housing eight Autometer Ultra-Lite gauges. In the passenger's-side door, Yato and Brown mounted the primary audio source units, a CDA-9813 CD receiver and Alpine's latest, the HDA-5460 hard disk drive player. In the driver's door are mounted two additional components, a DVA-5205 DVD player and the PXA-H700 Multimedia manager, an advanced signal processor featuring Dolby Pro Logic II, Dolby Digital and DTS mobile theater capabilities. The video output of DVA-5205 plus the separate DHA-S680 6-disc DVD changer and a Nintendo Game Cube can be viewed on any or all of the monitors facing the driver.

The centerpiece of the installation is the motorized pod that also serves as the amp rack, which faces out the hatchback opening. The same arms that hold the gauges are attached to the amplifiers so that for ingress and egress into and out of the seat, the rack moves forward and back almost two feet. With the rack its retracted position, the driver can get in and out as easily as he or she could in something like Ford's upcoming GT. One belted in, the pod moves forward, placing the eight gauges right in the driver's peripheral vision. And to further reinforce the effect of the two 15-inch woofers, the enclosure ports fire up through the seat.

Loudpedal
04-13-2003, 08:44 PM
dude, that 2nd picture is crazy. I'm not sure if I was looking at it's interior or just tripping out...

SiNi$t3R
04-13-2003, 08:45 PM
Since Yato and Brown were not restricted by the need to accommodate two front seat passengers, the area below the A-pillars are used to create the four-way front sound stage: midbass emanates from two SPR-176A 6.5-inch component speakers plus a full SPR-136A component speaker set are vertically mounted in the front panels, angled-in slightly to the driver. A pair of SWR-1221D 12-inch subwoofers in sealed enclosures provides tight, up-front sub bass and complete the front soundstage, mounted in what would normally be the foot well on a more conventional Civic. The result is sound that can only be characterized as astounding: up-front bass combined with definition and detail expected from a $25,000 set of audiophile home tower speakers.

SiNi$t3R
04-13-2003, 08:47 PM
The system's audio horsepower is on the backside of the amp rack, where three Alpine mono amps (MRD-M1000, MRD-M500, MRD-M300) are mounted. Additional power is provided by another MRD-M1000, plus two of Alpine's V12 amps - the MRV-F540 and MRV-F340 - all of which are mounted in a steel enclosure underneath the car. Additional rear speakers are mounted on each side, flanking the amp rack along with three additional TME-M760 monitors are mounted on the hatchback door.

SiNi$t3R
04-13-2003, 08:48 PM
The Alpine Civic Si was built in conjunction with Wings West, and it features their new G-55 body kit. Southern California artist Noah created the custom airbrushed artwork. The mermaid and water theme that is airbrushed on the entire exterior of the car, also flows into the interior (seat, dash, amp rack, steering column, steering wheel), and was placed over the car's base paint of House of Kolor's Trublue Pearl. Other enhancements include upgraded Swift two-piece wheels were supplied by I Forge, shod with Toyo Proxes T1-S tires. Front and rear big brake upgrades were supplied by AEM, who also contributed spark plug covers and an air intake for the car. An Eibach pro kit with one-inch drop gives the car a lowered silhouette. Interior modifications include a Tekniq quick-release steering wheel hub and Sparco shift knob and driving pedals.

SiNi$t3R
04-13-2003, 08:49 PM
Alpine's vice president of Brand Marketing, Stephen Witt, told Motor Trend that the Civic Si will be the centerpiece of Alpine's 2003 effort, reaching tuner car enthusiasts from coast-to-coast. You can expect to see it at major events like Spring Break in Daytona, Florida as well as the SEMA Import Salon and several Hot Import Nights events along with the NOPI Nationals. For the latest scheduling details, visit Alpine's Web site at www.alpine1.com. Although not officially announced, experts estimate that this effort, if duplicated by an aftermarket shop, would run somewhere in the vicinity of $200,000, over and above the Civic Si donor car.

SiMecoming
04-13-2003, 10:08 PM
Im sorry ya that thing is worth a lot and sorta cool but way too futuristic for me man too busy!

IceD out N CALI
04-13-2003, 10:09 PM
thats crazy :cool:

jaydub
04-13-2003, 10:10 PM
Originally posted by SiMecoming
Im sorry ya that thing is worth a lot and sorta cool but way too futuristic for me man too busy!

As I said in the last 2382347 topics about this car that we've had, it's a show car. It is supposed to be insane, over the top, crazy, and ridiculously unnecessary. The whole point is that everyone knows EXACTLY what car people are talking about when discussing the "Alpine demo car." It was easily the most talked about install at the Consumer Electronics Show in Vegas (where it debuted), and it has also been called by a couple car audio mags, "The Best Car Audio Install Ever." That says a lot, IMO.

G-J
04-14-2003, 12:22 AM
Damn I cant tell whats what in there. The color scheme is so wild that I cant really see the lines of anything. Hell the NX bottles look painted on. Is that a single seater and centered in the car?

its raining
04-14-2003, 12:29 AM
repost. i'd still hit it.

TriniTurismo
04-14-2003, 12:29 AM
WOWWW THAT IS NOT NEEDED. SOME ONE FROM THAT COMPANY HAD NOTHING TO DO AND NEEDED ATTENTION AND LOVE. LOL. NIVE DOH BUT A LIL OVER THE TOP. A STOCK MOTOR AND A THEATER SYSTEM ON WHEELS. LOL. I THOUGHT I HAD SEEN TRICKED OUT CAR INSIDE BEFORE BUT WOWW THIS ONE WINS MY VOTE FOR BEST OVER THE TOP NOTHING TO DO WITH YOU TIME. I JUST HAVE ONE QUESTION FOR SUPERSTREET. DID THE TEAM OR PERSON GET ANY SLEEP.

jaydub
04-14-2003, 08:13 AM
why are you hollering? :confused:

Anyway, this was a 6 month effort, day and night, for a team of guys who do this professionally. It wasn't meant to be driven around (though it can be), and yes, that is a SINGLE seat in the center. Alpine's website has a complete walkthrough of the process, from the original car's purchase to the last piece of fiberglass being painted. It took me like 30 min. to go through all their pics, and it was well worth it to see the work they've put into it. It's pretty cool what the mind can create.
http://ecominet2.alpine-usa.com/html/adc/adc_install4.html?par=p1c4

kingxchat
04-14-2003, 11:54 AM
Originally posted by TriniTurismo
WOWWW THAT IS NOT NEEDED. SOME ONE FROM THAT COMPANY HAD NOTHING TO DO AND NEEDED ATTENTION AND LOVE. LOL. NIVE DOH BUT A LIL OVER THE TOP. A STOCK MOTOR AND A THEATER SYSTEM ON WHEELS. LOL. I THOUGHT I HAD SEEN TRICKED OUT CAR INSIDE BEFORE BUT WOWW THIS ONE WINS MY VOTE FOR BEST OVER THE TOP NOTHING TO DO WITH YOU TIME. I JUST HAVE ONE QUESTION FOR SUPERSTREET. DID THE TEAM OR PERSON GET ANY SLEEP.
caplock broken?....again?:o

ghettoprettie
04-14-2003, 12:36 PM
argh....only for audio purposes eh? i still came in my pants...thanks guys

EPTree
04-14-2003, 02:11 PM
The interior of that car is like one awesome blue acid trip...groovy

TravisEP3
04-14-2003, 06:28 PM
You guys are totally missing the coolest part of the whole car...

They chose our beloved EP3 for their project car. They chose the Civic Si of all the cars! That my friends is why I have Alpine stuff in my car. Well that plus it sounds awesome.

:D

Vertigo
04-14-2003, 08:06 PM
Yes, it a cool looking car. But you can't drive it anywhere without fear of messing something up. Also, all that money and you still just got a honda. Take the $200,000 and buy a real race car. Just my $.02

jaydub
04-14-2003, 08:18 PM
My God you people have no clue. :angel:

Jpax
04-14-2003, 08:21 PM
Originally posted by jaydub
My God you people have no clue. :angel:

BuhhaAhahahahhaha :D

TriniTurismo
04-14-2003, 08:45 PM
it is a tight askkk car doh. and it
s EPPPPPPP