PDA

View Full Version : can't decide

phatfreeza
04-14-2003, 01:48 AM
okay, i have read several posts on the different brands of springs out there. i'm have pretty much no experience with springs and camber kits, etc. here is my situation. i live in los angeles, the only thing i'm worried about clearing is my driveway. i don't really want the "slammed" look. i'm not planning on buying aftermarket shocks, struts, or camber kits.

the kits that seemed right for me were the eibach sportlines, the progress springs, and the tein ones. i think the progress springs required a camber kit in the rear so i'm not sure if that one is a good idea. i'm not one to race my car, so i just want it for looks. i'm keeping my stock rims and tires. i'm willing to pay the price of the eibachs, which seem to be the most expensive of the three, so price isn't really an issue... i'm open to any suggestions/opinions! :D

Suk02Si
04-14-2003, 02:10 AM
Eibach prokit would be your best bet. I think it's a 1" drop; great quality springs. It's always a good idea to get a camber kit, esp if you plan to keep your stock tires for a while.

btw, where in LA do you live?

phatfreeza
04-14-2003, 09:46 AM
i live on the outskirts of L.a...monterey park actually but it's close enough to la....but since i am currently going to school in la, i have an apartment in the palms area. thanks for your info!

Suk02Si
04-14-2003, 11:05 AM
heh, I live just north of Hollywood but I also say LA anyway; it's close enough.:D

hamlet9634
04-15-2003, 12:49 PM
eibach swears that their prokit was designed to be used with the factory struts and the people who get this seem pretty happy. The only problem I've heard is an "uneven" drop front and rear with eibach. I had Eibach's on my Rx7 and they were great, but I changed the struts out, too, so that might change things.

Progress has gotten really good ratings on here as well. Doesn't seem like you'd be unhappy with either choice.

the only springs that i've heard uniformly bad things about are the neuspeed race springs (noisy and throws off camber, too)