PDA

View Full Version : white rims on blue?

jeffspeed23
04-14-2003, 06:40 AM
im thinking of putting white rims on my blue EP. its going to be from Volk but I havnt picked up a design yet b/c its going to be a while.
the reason i want white is b/c the blue ep is not a dark color so it wont look good (IMO) with anything darker than silver. anyone want to put in there 2 cents.
also i want a SRI, what are some of you guys running (injen,AEM,Spoon). im going turbo in a year so im not going to spend extra on a CAI, just want to remove the plastic junk b4 hand.

esmith13
04-14-2003, 07:26 AM
I've seen white wheels on a few blue hatch's (not EPs) and I think they look good, especially with dark black tint as well....

You have to be choosy on the design tho. I would think 5 fat spokes would show too much white, versus wheels like Type-X has on his White Si whick are more open and don't show ALOT of white...

If you really wanna know, take a side shot of Type-X's ride and color the body blue... I think it would look sweet.

As far as the intake. If you want to stick with brand names, go K&N Typhoon. Everyone here who has one LOVES IT. And I believe it has been proven to have the best gains amongst the SRI's available now. If brand is irrevelant to you, most people who bought the $40 ebay SRI claim to really like it. All in all, as SRI's go, only the filter on the end matters, really, and you can get a K&N filter for an ebay intake for $40, so that's an $80 total investment, versus $125-$160 or so for a K&N Typhoon SRI.

All of this is my opinion, of course, not gospel...

However I did own a Typhoon and I will tell you it was awsome.

Good luck,

Eric.

RiceCzechs
04-14-2003, 07:29 AM
Not sure on the white... In truth, on anything other than a matching white car, I think it can look somewhat plasticky, to say nothing of the boatloads of extra work that it takes to keep white rims clean from brake dust and road schmutz... I think silver might be your best bet, but I don't see why you couldn't try a gunmetal rim (though I wouldn't go black or bronze, necessarily). Just my .02 cents...

ApexinSi
04-14-2003, 07:37 AM
white = played out

ac22
04-14-2003, 01:43 PM
Originally posted by ApexinSi
white = played out

white is not played out??there is no such thing.
everyone is jumping on the gunmetal bandwagon so thats going to be "played out" so that leaves silver.

white on the right wheel looks great and it will go well with the blue.
if you like it get it, dont worry about what people say.

mhx
04-14-2003, 02:06 PM
white = a pain to keep clean..
enjoy!

Type X
04-14-2003, 04:54 PM
Originally posted by ApexinSi
white = played out

yup
BUT whatever floats your boat:D

Mugen Power
04-14-2003, 05:53 PM
White USED to be played out, especially when them EBP Si's came out... everyone with an EBP got white wheels. BUT, it did look good.

Now, you don't see white wheels too often... at least that's just my experience.

NeuroSi
04-14-2003, 06:16 PM
"the blue ep is not a dark color so it wont look good (IMO) with anything darker than silver".

I have to totally disagree with that statement. Just check out THIS THREAD (http://ephatch.com/forum/showthread.php?s=&threadid=6279) and you'll see what I mean.

Jacob

golferjn
04-14-2003, 07:22 PM
blue and white will look nice

Brenetics
04-14-2003, 10:42 PM
"White = played out", ultimately = subjective thinking

Personally I think the white and blue looks tight.

wait..is "tight" played out?;)

Makross
04-14-2003, 10:51 PM
if you get white wheels get some TE-37's in white then i wont hate but whatever makes you happy

StrangeShadow
04-15-2003, 12:01 AM
bronze te37', I've seen a blue gtr and wrx with bronze te37'...looked sweet...white looks cheap unless played just right, like on typex' his look great.

EtherGhost
03-15-2004, 08:45 PM
Does anyone have any pictures of white wheels on a blue EP?

phantasia
03-15-2004, 10:18 PM
whatever color rims you go with, you will find that wheels with a lot of spokes will definitely make your ep look lighter and more agile. im not talking some ghetto ass gold daytons or spokes like some old man's buick century would have, but like... i run silver/polished 10 spoke rims from team loco, and they make the ep look a lot lighter. stock, the ep looks a little fat, a little heavy, with the big ass, tall height and long sides. you will seriously make her look a lot lighter on her feet if you dont stick with 5-6 thick spoke rims. many thin spokes will help your baby ep look a lot slimmer. i just cant wait another month or so to put my bling bling wheels back on. im running stock now, cause of winter roads.

speedking604
03-16-2004, 01:37 AM
blue with white rims is very nice.i've seen it and its very nice and cool. go with that color you won't be disappoint.

teejoh
03-16-2004, 05:17 AM
...VBP and gold here. If Subaru can do it, so can I :D . Bronze C10s are in my future. But seriously get what you like. Who cares what other people think of your car.....played out is a relative term. Build your car for the person who has to drive and pay for it.

my $0.02

ADAMnQuickCIVIC
03-16-2004, 09:42 AM
Originally posted by NeuroSi
I have to totally disagree with that statement. Just check out THIS THREAD (http://ephatch.com/forum/showthread.php?s=&threadid=6279) and you'll see what I mean.

Jacob

DAMN!!
That is the HOTTEST EP i've ever seen!
:D

513n179
03-16-2004, 12:43 PM
played out or not, it all comes down to what you like... i see nothing wrong with white on blue.

ShowstoppersUSA
03-16-2004, 07:11 PM
You ask 5000 members...

2500 will like it

2500 will hate it

Its always gonna come down to your choice so do what you like! ( Go with the white, throwback, bring the old school back...)

Chuck
Showstoppers USA

speedking604
03-16-2004, 07:12 PM
trust me white rims on blue ep is very nice.i've seen it and it's really get everyones attention.i wish i have picture to show you but i have euroyellow car.

http://www.geocities.com/speedking604

by the way, i haven't upgrade my car pict. i got lots of stuff add on to it. i think i need to take pictures again when it's sunny.

Low Rider
03-16-2004, 07:19 PM
I dig it!!! :D

htthttp://www.kingmotorsports.com/images/products/42700-MF1L-W_3.jpgp://

Mugen Power
03-16-2004, 07:20 PM
It used to be "played out" back when the EBP EMs had white wheels on. But now that those cars and/or their wheels are all stolen (:p ) or it's not hot anymore, go ahead and slap some white wheels on. Depending on the wheel, it might look good. :D

speedking604
03-16-2004, 07:35 PM
Originally posted by Mugen Power
It used to be "played out" back when the EBP EMs had white wheels on. But now that those cars and/or their wheels are all stolen (:p ) or it's not hot anymore, go ahead and slap some white wheels on. Depending on the wheel, it might look good. :D

it will diffinitely look good

CaTiRo
03-16-2004, 08:12 PM
it will look good, but from experience its a pain to keep clean. thats why my next set is going to be gunmetal or black. besides the cleaning part i think they will look good.