PDA

View Full Version : coilover noise

$kraps
04-14-2003, 01:06 PM
Hey guys I got my skunk2 coilovers installed about 3 weeks ago and i have had a hell of a noise comin from the frontend only when i turn..even if im sitting still just turning the wheel and ive taken it back to them and they said my alignment was off thats why, not sure if that is it but i noticed that the tie rod bushing or boot has been cut..it looks like it has been chewed possibly when they seperated the tie rod....i was thinkin new bushings would help....any info on this would be helpful thanks.

GeNoZiDe
04-22-2003, 01:30 PM
when i had those coils on my si they made noises too and constantly kept droppin to so i was jus ridin on my shocks, in the end the back grindin down to nothing and i had to throw them out and i went out to buy eibach springs
that was the biggest waste of money ever grrr

FACTION95Si
04-22-2003, 01:59 PM
I hacked up my tie rod boots pretty bad last night when I was install the Ground Controls. A cut up tie rod boot shouldn't make any noise, it will just let all the grease leak out. I'd check to see if the coilover is seated properly. I know that mine will pop into place making an ulgy popping/banging sound when I lower it off a jack.