PDA

View Full Version : This might help some peeps out....

SpoonEP3Si
04-14-2003, 01:45 PM
Hey guys, I just attempted to install my Spoon progressive springs (directly from www.takakaira.com in Japan) and I couldn't get my tie rod off so I decided to put everything back together and wait till I can get my hands on a tie rod separator. But, like almost everyone has experienced, my axle came out of place, so it took me a little while to get it back in. However, I learned a easy way to get the axle back in to the tranny.

1) Make sure your brake rotor/axle is evenly raised up with the tranny.
2) While holding the brake rotor and giving it a little thrust, spin it slowly until you hear a clicking or ticking noise. THATS THE SWEET SPOT!!
3) Just give it a little push and twist/play around with it a little in the sweet spot and it pops right in. It saved me alot of time. Make sure you give it adequate amount of thrust.

I thought that might help some people out.

:D

Laters

AznPower
04-14-2003, 01:49 PM
lol i did it the same thing and it took me like 8 hrs to get one side in, had to do it like 4 times too. its just luck that determinds when u hit the spot.

SpoonEP3Si
04-14-2003, 02:48 PM
I think next time it'll be smart to tie it down to something so it doesn't fall out. I had to do it twice, it didn't take me too long, but it still sucks. So the rear spring installs are not too hard right? Or not as hard as the fronts?

Suk02Si
04-14-2003, 03:32 PM
how much did you get the springs for?

AznPower
04-14-2003, 09:34 PM
rears are alot easier than compaired to front. took us like 30mins to do both rears.

SpoonEP3Si
04-14-2003, 11:55 PM
The Spoon progressive springs were $236. But I ordered the Spoon N1 axle-back exhaust ($324) along with it so the shipping came out to be like $97 www.takakaira.com
If you're lookin for some rare JDM parts from JDM names, they got alot of nice goodies

Suk02Si
04-15-2003, 02:08 AM
Thanks! I did check the price and saw the 236 but was unsure how much shipping would be.:)

BlackNRedSi
06-10-2003, 10:36 AM
so how are these spoon springs? should i buy them? how much of a drop? i saw you guys talking about the hard install on them? should i bring it to a shop to have them do my springs?

WB

Eric