PDA

View Full Version : Pics of my S2000!

slow02ephatch
04-14-2003, 07:33 PM
Finally was able to take some pics of the S I traded my EP for.

golferjn
04-14-2003, 07:34 PM
nice car

Mugen_EP
04-14-2003, 07:38 PM
It's a nice car but probably the most uncomfortable car I've ever driven. I'm only 6' tall and with the seat pushed all the way back my knees still hit the steering wheel.

02TafWhtSi
04-14-2003, 07:42 PM
Nice car but...to be kind to our 56K friends try and reduce your pic size;)

slow02ephatch
04-14-2003, 08:09 PM
Originally posted by Mugen_EP
It's a nice car but probably the most uncomfortable car I've ever driven. I'm only 6' tall and with the seat pushed all the way back my knees still hit the steering wheel.

I agree, it's a tight fit but when you hit 9000 RPM's you forget all about how small the car is. It's all about driving!

slow02ephatch
04-14-2003, 08:10 PM
Originally posted by 02TafWhtSi
Nice car but...to be kind to our 56K friends try and reduce your pic size;)

Yeah I know, I've got a lot more I want to post but can get my pics to resize.

TheChronic
04-14-2003, 08:21 PM
I want one!!!!!:'( :'( :'( :'( :'( :'( :'(

AznPower
04-14-2003, 09:16 PM
all these trades ep's for s2g's are killing me. tying to resist............. lol

IceD out N CALI
04-14-2003, 10:25 PM
look'n good

kpxplaya415
04-14-2003, 10:25 PM
lol s2g

StrangeShadow
04-15-2003, 12:17 AM
lol everytime I get my oil changed I sit in the show room ones at my local dealers, with the dealers themselves sometimes and make car noices like vrooom vrooomm and pretend to turn the wheel and shift...they usually tell me to calm down a bit when I pretend to crash and throw myself out of the car and roll around the loby screaming "I'M ON FIRE I'M ON FIRE!!!!" if there are other potential buyers around hehe..they keep trying to get me to by one too...but I think I'll wait till my ep is paid off completly..:p

Suk02Si
04-15-2003, 02:34 AM
Originally posted by StrangeShadow
lol everytime I get my oil changed I sit in the show room ones at my local dealers, with the dealers themselves sometimes and make car noices like vrooom vrooomm and pretend to turn the wheel and shift...they usually tell me to calm down a bit when I pretend to crash and throw myself out of the car and roll around the loby screaming "I'M ON FIRE I'M ON FIRE!!!!" if there are other potential buyers around hehe..they keep trying to get me to by one too...but I think I'll wait till my ep is paid off completly..:p

hahaha

XLR8B4U
04-15-2003, 04:12 AM
Before I say this I will tell you that 0-60 your car can kick my Z3s butt even with my car supercharged. That said... The S2000 is the most uncomfortable roadster I have ever sat in. I would sooner have a Jackson Racing tuned Miata.

The reason for this is this and do not get me wrong... your car is an awesome ride.... but I want to hang my arm out the window and not get a cramp while doing so. Roadsters should be low slung so you do not feel encapsulated. Its all about freedom. Not being closed in and the door are just too high. Same way on the new Celica and Eclipse etc.

Give me a Boxter over all of these but until then I am happy with what I have.

But otherwise, great looking car with great performance.

Craig

hamproof
04-15-2003, 05:19 AM
Quick question, what's the 13 on your scanned photo means? Is it the 13th. day of the month, 13th. shot or 13 shots left?? Thanks.

FirstImport02Si
04-15-2003, 05:38 AM
I want an S2000 in a bad way. Not in the budget right now unfortunately...I could afford it, but then I would have no money to pick up trashy women at high class bars, and women are pretty much my reason for living.

S2kGirl
04-15-2003, 07:32 AM
Originally posted by XLR8B4U
The reason for this is this and do not get me wrong... your car is an awesome ride.... but I want to hang my arm out the window and not get a cramp while doing so. Roadsters should be low slung so you do not feel encapsulated. Its all about freedom. Not being closed in and the door are just too high. Same way on the new Celica and Eclipse etc.
Craig [/B]

I have to agree about the S2000 doors being too high and the center console is not a great design--too much wasted space. Also, the Si seats are way more comfortable. But, slow02ephatch is right, you can forgive a lot of faults when you hit 9000 rpms. I live for the days that I can cruise around with the top down.

BTW XLR8B4U, not a bad garage at your house.

As far as interior room goes, the S2000 is a car designed with the vertically challenged in mind. My ex-husband is a little over 6'6" and he loved the car, but hated riding in it. Lucky for me I'm only 5'2".

HokieSi
04-15-2003, 08:40 AM
Dang, I thought that I was the only tall one that happened to date short girls.
I'm 6'4" most of my girl friends have been under or around 5'4"

slow02ephatch
04-15-2003, 09:29 AM
Originally posted by hamproof
Quick question, what's the 13 on your scanned photo means? Is it the 13th. day of the month, 13th. shot or 13 shots left?? Thanks.

13th day of the month.

XLR8B4U
04-15-2003, 10:17 AM
Originally posted by S2kGirl

I have to agree about the S2000 doors being too high and the center console is not a great design--too much wasted space. Also, the Si seats are way more comfortable. But, slow02ephatch is right, you can forgive a lot of faults when you hit 9000 rpms. I live for the days that I can cruise around with the top down.

BTW XLR8B4U, not a bad garage at your house.

As far as interior room goes, the S2000 is a car designed with the vertically challenged in mind. My ex-husband is a little over 6'6" and he loved the car, but hated riding in it. Lucky for me I'm only 5'2".

Thanks. Great to see some females posting around here.
Just wait til the MINI Cooper S with John Cooper Works package makes its way home next Christmas! Wahoo.. Two Pocket Rockets and a Roadster. I will be in heaven.

There are a bunch of ep owners that have S2000s too. Says something about Honda!

Craig

zerofighter
04-15-2003, 01:40 PM
I'm only about 5'7", so whenever I get into an S2000 It fit's just like a glove. I hate to say this, but for people who are really tall this car is going to be uncomfortable. The S2000 engineers designed this car to be a street legal race car, not some plush softly sprung convertible. Everyone seems to forget that. It bothers me whenever people rag on the S2000. When is last time you've seen a tall race car driver?

Tekdemon
04-15-2003, 02:07 PM
lol, sitting in the showroom S2000 at the dealer I was actually glad that I wasn't too tall...my knees couldn't really extend all the way of course, but it wasn't as bad as some people have it I'm sure...

I'm 5'9"-5'10" by the way(it's probably around 5'9.5" lol) but since you do wear shoes in the car it bumps my leg length another inch or two...so like 5'10"-11" with shoes on.

Even then it wasn't too comfortable...but I would say it's bearable as long as you're driving and not going on a long distance trip(in which case it's just masochistic).

So for once I felt my average heightedness was an advantage...haha stupid 6'4" people get screwed =P

Hopefully the successor to the NSX is super cramped too just so the tall people can't drive it...muhahahahaha kidding kidding =P

slow02ephatch
04-15-2003, 07:41 PM
Originally posted by S2kGirl

I'm 6' 1" and I have to admit, I was a little cramped at first. You get used to it real fast. I mean 9000 rpms fast! I'll say it again, it's all about driving. If I wanted room and functionality, I would have bought an ELEMENT! See you in my rear view. lol