PDA

View Full Version : Srs light?

AznPower
04-14-2003, 09:20 PM
how do i turn off the srs light? my passenger airbag blew and instead of replacing it wit another airbag im putting a tv in it. now need to turn off the damn light.

Jpax
04-14-2003, 09:27 PM
take apart the gauge console and take out the SRS light there fixed... lol . j/p iI think it has to be reset by the dealer, or someone with a ECU scanner tool such as OTC or Snapon one. maybe if its reset it can only see jsut the drivers side airbag and it wont come back one.

AznPower
04-14-2003, 09:32 PM
will the dealer do it? or will they say no cause its unsafe, or "illegal"?

Jpax
04-14-2003, 09:49 PM
LOL i dont know, i have friends that work for a honda dealer and Ive never had to "ask" if it was illgeal , i tell them whats wrong they reset it thats it. :) maybe you need to make some friends at the dealer. I dont see how it would be illgeal for them to reset a light. you just void your warranty for that problem.

dc5-K20A3
04-15-2003, 01:08 AM
This method works for our cars...It worked for me.
I didn't buy a "SCS Service Connector". Instead, I used a paper clip to connect both the points on the MES Connector.DIY (reset srs light) (http://www.7thgencivic.com/modules.php?s=&name=DIY&pa=showpage&pid=19)

Suk02Si
04-15-2003, 02:27 AM
here's another

Reset SRS light (http://members.cox.net/uf-gator/srs/srs_light_reset.html)

:)

hamproof
04-15-2003, 05:21 AM
I tried the trick and it works. However keep in mind the trick will reset the SRS light provided the fault that caused the airbag light to come on is fixed.

In your case, you'll have to keep resetting the light coz' the airbag deployed and you didn't get it fixed. So, it'll keep tripping the light, I assume.

Mugen_EP
04-15-2003, 07:54 AM
Yes it would keep coming on until it was fixed. Also if you take out the cluster, the bulb for the SRS light is satured(sp?) on. There are two metal wires connecting to the bulb and you need to cut one of them. You cant just unplug it like on the older models.

AznPower
04-15-2003, 02:09 PM
thanks for the suggestions, i'll prolly end up cutting the wire to the bulb, sounds like my best option in keeping the lite off

ep_nezay
04-15-2003, 04:19 PM
The light as u know indicates there is a problem, whick means your "airbags" are not going to work.
So, if u turn off the light , your srs system in not working still.
Meaning, passenger side , no airbag.

Mugen_EP
04-15-2003, 04:22 PM
Originally posted by ep_nezay
The light as u know indicates there is a problem, whick means your "airbags" are not going to work.
So, if u turn off the light , your srs system in not working still.
Meaning, passenger side , no airbag.

Actually, if one is out the other one wont work either.

no driver side= no passenger side
no passenger side= no driver side

ep_nezay
04-15-2003, 04:45 PM
Originally posted by Mugen_EP

Actually, if one is out the other one wont work either.

no driver side= no passenger side
no passenger side= no driver side

Actually, u are wrong, if the driver side airbag does not work, the passenger wont work.
But, if the passenger does not work and the driver does, the driver will still work.