PDA

View Full Version : Im sorry my brothers

efcee
04-14-2003, 09:37 PM
I wanted an Si more than any other car,
but i ended up getting a 2003 pontiac vibe
i couldnt turn down this offer, i got it for 5k
it is salvaged of course.
This is a very nice car, it has a few similarities with the Si although the si is still my fav car. i like this car. its one of the nicest cars manufactured by gm / pontiac
probably partly because pontiac and toyota worked together on the vehicle .

i have a guy lined up to do the framework within the next week

here are some pics

http://community.webshots.com/album/69030643VUtrTr

downhil
04-14-2003, 09:50 PM
wtf is right....

good deal i guess?

RiceCzechs
04-14-2003, 09:55 PM
Congrats on your (soon-to-be) new ride, I hope the frame doesn't pose too much of a problem and that the Vibe is as tight as it was when new... take care.

IceD out N CALI
04-14-2003, 10:23 PM
cool, good luck with the pontiac vibe :)

efcee
04-15-2003, 05:31 AM
thanks alot

i hope everything goes well

I SELL HONDAS
04-15-2003, 05:57 AM
this is a toyota matrix, pontiac is only skin deep.....literally :eek:

efcee
04-15-2003, 08:42 AM
that is pretty much true
the engine is toyota, the body is pontiac / gm

are the other parts GM? ex other motor parts AC stuff like that

or is that all toyota parts?

i think you can get them through GM as GM parts correct?

hamproof
04-15-2003, 09:01 AM
But I'm not sure if you got the Vibe GT or the regular Vibe.

So, it could potentially be

Pontiac/GM parts, Toyota engineering and Yamaha engine.

I SELL HONDAS
04-15-2003, 07:07 PM
you can get your vibe parts at pontiac!

golferjn
04-15-2003, 07:11 PM
have fun with the vibe

efcee
04-15-2003, 09:38 PM
unfortunatly its a base vibe
GT would be nice, 180 hp but in a way its better cause insurance will cost less. but not as much fun heh

EPHatchgirl
04-15-2003, 10:07 PM
I looked at a Vibe before the I was aware they brought back the HONDA hatch... congrats on your car.

FailureToStop
04-15-2003, 10:09 PM
Dude anybody die in that car? Theres probably a poltergeist haunting that car and that's why you got it so cheap? The red body color may be hiding blood and brain matter.

j/k :D

I was actually thinking about getting a Vibe before I bought the EP.

Tekdemon
04-16-2003, 05:49 AM
yeah I also looked at the matrix and vibe before getting my Si...

To be honest if they hadn't sold the used Matrix XRS with like 10K miles on it before I got to the dealer I'd probably have bought it...it was around $15K also!

And if I had gotten it I'd have 180HP and more room now...but probably slightly less fun since the thing is heavier and bigger and taller...

heh...

efcee
04-16-2003, 08:41 AM
its more of a station wagon, there is quite a bit of cargo room but i doubt it could be as much fun as a si heh still should be a reliable car once its all up and running and inspected.

im pretty sure no one died in the car heh, it must not of been that hard of a hit if the airbags didnt blow.
i have the previous owners name and phone number. so he is probably still alive. It must of been some christian type of person cause he stuck a jesus fish on the back :|... and a big "DK" sticker at first i tought it stood for dead kennedies but then saw the jesus fish etc and concluded that the DK has something to do with church. ill be taking it off though heh already took off the sticker. i have to call the guy to get the other key, hopefully he will be nice and just give it to me and not try to make me pay for it heh.