PDA

View Full Version : Some little bastard!!!!

NetDragon
04-14-2003, 11:07 PM
Some little ricer phuck took the Si badge off the back of my '02!!! Probably slapped it on his parents minivan cuz that is all he can drive!!!! I am pissed about it. But at the same time. I fully expected it to happen eventually. The front Si logo and all my Honda logos are still there though. Luckly it looks like the paint is OK. Here is my question to the board. What do I do? On the one hand I want my car JUST the way it was off the lot. I want to go get a good nock off Si badge or a factory one and replace the one that was stolen. On the other hand if I do that, eventually someone will just steal it again. Or I can scrape the glue off, clean it up and be done with it. Part of me wants people to know it is an Si, not just another Civic. But do I need a badge to prove that to myself?! Does that make me any worse that the the little phuck nut that stole my badge to begin with? I need guidence folks. Thanks,

P.S. - I was at Best Buy when I noticed it. I do not know if it happened there or some place else. But while i was in Best Buy they had a X-Box on display and it was playing Sega GT 2002. It has a '02 Civic Type-R in it! White, just like mine! Damn she was sexy!!!! :p Now I just may need to go get my self an X-Box.

Makross
04-15-2003, 01:23 AM
you aint gotta prove anything to anyone you know you gotta si so what other ppl think just take it off it looks much better imo

Suk02Si
04-15-2003, 02:25 AM
That sucks, but you dont need no stinkin' badge to show people you drive an Si.

BTW, Sega GT sucks. My sister has it and for some reason FWD cars are able to drift like RWD cars. There is no realism and the cars are way too shiney:D

PRODIUS
04-15-2003, 10:02 AM
Forget about the badge.
My dealership removed all of the rear SIR badges from their lot for fear of theft. I have had my SIR badge sitting in my glovebox for 7 months now. Since the EP is only availible here in one model, anyone who nows WHAT the car is KNOW's it's a SI (SIR).

Don't worry about it. If it doesn't make the car faster or drive better, who cares.

CleanBlackSi02
04-15-2003, 10:40 AM
The first think I did to my car was to take off the Si badges and the i-vtec decals... It looks better without em.

cmk05
04-15-2003, 12:12 PM
I pulled all my badges off the night I got the car for fear of someone ripping em off with a screwdriver.

Plus, the car looks better and cleaner without em.

But now I got an NEC multisync Si monitor.

grooveline
04-15-2003, 12:57 PM
how many other NON- si civics look like ours though?

NetDragon
04-15-2003, 01:16 PM
Hey thanks for all your feed back. Sorry if my first post was a little offensive. I did not mean anything by it. I was just still kinda pissed when when I wrote it. Someone has offered to send me their rear Si Badge. I think I will replace the old one. I agree, the car is safer and cleaner without the badges. But at the same time, I like having my car the way I want it. Not some little prick who want to have a Ford Focus Si, hehe. Putting the badge on my computer is a good idea though. Would it make my computer any faster?! hehe..

AznPower
04-15-2003, 01:53 PM
pull off all the damn badges. u put another one on its going to get ripped off again. looks cleaner to w/o badges

ghettoprettie
04-15-2003, 02:18 PM
xbox rules...my next favorite baby...my game...HALO. idk...u dont need the badge but im not really an undercover guy. if that happen to me...id look in junkyards all over...maybe...just maybe

keep the glue on...retro style...lol

NetDragon
04-15-2003, 03:19 PM
Yeah I think I am just going to go ahead and leave it off. I am gonna PM the guy that offered me a free badge and turn it down. He took all of them off his car. I had to go to the dealer today and get an oil change. While I was there I asked the experts about the glue and the scratches. He said I could use WD-40 to take off the glue and it was safe on the clear coat. Then I got some of that Magnisins (SP?) scratch remover stuff. I know it does not REMOVE the scratch, but it fills it in with some kind of stuff. So that si that I guess.

Ghetto: Well you mgith imagine I am into dragons, there are actually some good games out for the X-Box. I have been putting it off for a long time. I have to admit I really like the controllers. I am going go get an adaptor that will let me use X-Box controllers on a PC. Turns out the X-Box controllers are just USB game pads with a goofy connector on it. Just use an adaptor to change the connector and write a driver for it and they are good to go. They are like 30 dollars for the adaptor and then the cost of the controller. I think Ia m going to get two of each because I like to play a lot of console'esque and emulated games on my PC.

NetDragon
04-15-2003, 03:27 PM
Hey man, sorry I missed your post. I do not think there is anything that comes close to the fine sexy lines our cars have. Nothing looks like it. Well except an Odyssey. :D Kidding.. SO when we gonna get together, smoke and BS again? Gotta have a little East Bay EP meet or something.

dofu
05-02-2003, 08:46 AM
hey, if you really want to keep them badges on that bad...there's this "glue" called coolkem. it's like a liquid weld in a way, only it works by bonding molecules or sumthin like that. once you put the glue on, theres an "activator". after that, you cant take it apart without breaking everything. a single drop of that stuff goes a looooooooong way. but it costs about $90-if you want the debonder to go with it. and BTW...if you dont remember me, cluck u

Mugen Power
05-02-2003, 01:08 PM
If he uses that liquid welding stuff and someone tries to steal it again, they might mess up his car seriously trying to pull the badge off this time around...

dofu
05-03-2003, 04:24 AM
i do agree, cuz i live in the same area and the same happened to me...i decided to take off all unnecessary badging and decals and put my red h's on like that...i figure that them ametuers will try a little and give up. cuz if you think about it...if a pro wants what you've got, he'll get it no matter what. but then again, i dont care much...i want kit and paint pretty soon. and also, they already scratched my paint pretty bad when they messed with my rear si badge...if i ever get my hands on them...

chunky
05-03-2003, 05:10 AM
glad no one has tried to steal my shit.

I like the si badges.

If you think about it, people would de-badge their cars to make them "stealth" or so that they could say it was and si, when it's really a DX.

With our cars, badges or no badges, it's an si. there's no stealth factor, and no one else can really pose as being an si anymore.

So i'd leave them on. if one got stolen, i probably wouldn't spend more than 10$ to replace the badge.