PDA

View Full Version : What would you do?

SpacemanSpiff
06-19-2002, 08:50 AM
I was surfing over at a certain VW forum and came accross a post comparing the SI and the focus SVT. One of the posters had this to say:

"It is rumored in house at our dealership that the SI is selling so bad that they may have to drop the 200hp model in, now that would be worth the 19k they want to charge."

Now this is a rumor and I don't believe it will happen, but hypothetically, what would you do if the 2003 SI showed up with the 200Hp engine?:confused:

Jesse02SI
06-19-2002, 08:52 AM
wow would i be pissed... was lookin at somhow gettin jdm spec engine but cant find it YET also lookin at type r seats SWEEEEEET

SIborland
06-19-2002, 09:16 AM
Well the problem is that Honda is trying to separate Honda from Acura. Thats why they got rid of the prelude, because it was too close to the Integra in market. Thats why I doubt that they will bring the CTR over here, cause its just a RSX-S in civic form. Same motor and everything. While it would be nice, there arent much differences between it and the Si. I mean look at the seats they have, the only difference is that they say Type-R. Nothing to really warrant the 22 or 23k that they would prolly charge for it. Thats why people didnt understand why the Si didnt have more ponies, they wanted it to be a step up from the EX, but not as luxurious as the RSX. Not to piss on your dreams, I would still love to see them bring a CTR here. In fact I would trade in my Si for it in a heart beat, but until then find a wrecked RSX and take the motor ;)

fishboy
06-19-2002, 09:52 AM
if they did that, i'd be pissed, but i doubt they would do that for the same reasons stated in the post right above. they don't want to hurt the sales of the rsx so we wont see 200hp in the si.

SBC31
06-19-2002, 10:22 AM
I bet that they will bring the Civic Type R to North America once they bring the RSX Type R. This way the Civic Type R will be compared to the RSX Type S, and the RSX Type R will be 1 step above.

Betcha any money the Civic Type R will surface in North America if they bring over the RSX Type R. Of course I would hate to see the pricing of it.

BTW, if the Civic Type R makes it to Canada, I will probably try and trade in my SiR for one, providing the price is good. Of course, don't tell my better half about this, she will freak...:D

IceD out N CALI
06-19-2002, 11:27 AM
honda charging 19k turned a lot of people off originally, they should have sold it for 17k like the other model, plus everyone holds honda to such a high level that if its not 110% better then its predecessor- its a dissapointment to people. I am happy with my si and cant wait to mod it up

SBC31
06-19-2002, 11:32 AM
As I posted in another topic, it is strange that the Si (SiR) is priced that way in the U.S. In Canada it's priced at a lower price (considering the exchange).

The Canadian price is about $16,900 in US dollars.

On the same token the Ford Focus SVT is like $30,000 up here, thus considering the exchange would be over $19,000 US. But in the US you can buy the Focus SVT for uner $17,000.

So to make a long story short: Civic Si (SiR) is a great price in Canada. We must have a deal worked out with the UK...lol!

Pradamuimui
06-19-2002, 11:44 AM
They better not send a 200hp Si over here, unless they are planning on giving me a free engine swap!!!!

02TafWhtSi
06-19-2002, 08:33 PM
To quote Car And Driver (March 02', Pg.44):

Civic Type R:
"This hot Civic is already on sale in Europe and Japan. The Type-R uses a 197-hp naturally aspirated 2.0-litre with an 8000-rpm redline in place of the Si's 160-hp mill. The R version has a six-speed manual transmission, 17-inch wheels with more aggressive tires, and a body package that makes the civic three-door look like a box of Post Toasties. How do a 0-to-60-mph run of 6.4 seconds and a top speed of 146-mph sound? Numbers like that could have changed the outcome of this comparo.
Possibility of U.S. slae: Good. Honda says it will import the Type-R (possibly to be called the SiR) for 2004. Why do we have to wait? Only Honda knows."

What the hell are Post Toasties?

02TafWhtSi
06-21-2002, 04:03 PM
If this is still true now - Honda can charge pretty much whatever it wants - I will be in the front of the line!