PDA

View Full Version : HIDs -- tell me the good, bad, & ugly

BarracksSi
04-15-2003, 02:55 PM
So I closed the purchase on the condo I've been renting, and I've ended up with a bunch of extra cash that wasn't needed for closing costs. So, I may be doing some stuff to the car.

I do like the idea of HID, and I'm strongly considering getting a "plug & play" kit.

What's so darn good about them? What would I have to worry about while I've got them? Tell me everything I should know -- I don't want to have to take them back out in six months.

Frank@XD.com
04-15-2003, 05:47 PM
Check out my post ...

The XenonDepot Philips HID kit is truly plug and play and it also offers you High beams and low beams!!

Install pics will be up soon!

BarracksSi
04-15-2003, 07:58 PM
How about an opinion from someone who isn't eyeing my wallet?

I know that kits exist, I've seen others post their installations on here. I want to know what they're like months, or maybe years, down the road.

600 bucks is a lot of cash to drop on something if it doesn't last at least 5 years or, hopefully, a decade. I'm not selling my car anytime soon.

XenonDepot
04-18-2003, 04:22 PM
BarracksSi,

I completely understand your concerns.

The only non biased advise I can provide you with would be to go with a kit that uses quality components that are designed to last (bulbs and ballasts). Furthermore, buy from someone that has a legitmate warranty.

Regards,

Steve