PDA

View Full Version : chicago winter looks to be over what should I do for the salt?

siver-SI
04-15-2003, 05:27 PM
Ok even though my car only did a month of a chicago winter it still got into some salt and I hope with the thunderstorms coming this week that it gets all the left over salt off the road I am wondering what should I do to get any off my car? I went to the car wash the other day and did a under carrage wash and that is something I do at every wash in the winter is get the under carage done but now I want to do a home deatail job and I want to get it all cleaned and looking great. This weekend I went out and bought a preasher washer adapter for my shop air compressor so I can wash around the house and cars easyer. I did not know if there was anything out there that was good for that awfull salt that I just hate up in northern IL.

streaker666
04-15-2003, 05:48 PM
Man, I wish I lived close to you 'cuz of the pressure washer :D

Sounds like you're all set for a complete detail job at home...and you've got the most important part looked after (the underside of the car)...all bases covered.

siver-SI
04-15-2003, 05:59 PM
I have to say I am temped to pull my car into my shop after pulling out my two honda race cars for my local track and jack up my car since I do not have a lift and pull off the tires and just wash the under carage off fully. The shop and a small man hole cover that I can pull off so I make sure I get the water down the drain. But the jack stands sould get the car about 2 feet of the ground. I am just wondering what soap to use for that salt though.