PDA

View Full Version : Do I need an alignment?

LHD_EP3
04-15-2003, 09:04 PM
Just got the car dropped today on Progress springs. The car doesn't pull at all, it travels perfectly in a straight line, however,
my steering wheel sits a little tilted to the right now. Basically its only cosmetic but it bugs me that the steering wheel isn't straight.
Is there a way I can fix this? Would an alignment do it?

I SELL HONDAS
04-15-2003, 09:10 PM
this shouldnt have changed that, but an alignment is always a good idea after suspension work.
and it shoud straighten out you steering wheel too.;)

mhx
04-15-2003, 09:13 PM
yes go get one! Something you cant feel or see maybe off and your tire wear 3-4 will be tripple

esmith13
04-16-2003, 06:18 AM
I had a 2.25/2.0" drop on neuspeed race springs... You could visibly see the camber problem.... BAD.

My car still drove straight....

Morale of this story...

GET THE ALIGNMENT ANYWAY!! ;)

Your tires (and yes, your steering wheel) will thank you!

Eric

BlackNRedSi
04-16-2003, 07:05 AM
I must agree with the rest of my colleagues! :)

do up an alignment, I had that problem with my old camaro after I did a drop on it...

OFFTHE TOPIC*****

a 2000 windstar minivan tried to race me last night on West Chester Pike in PA....It had to be the funniest thing I ever experienced....I was toying with him in 3-4th gear while his car was revving in 5th REAL high...he finally caught up with me @ the next red light....all I heard from his engine was a real real real LOUD knocking! HAHA, guess he

97gsr90si
04-16-2003, 08:21 AM
Yes...get an alignment.
You might want to see this:
(scroll down to see the alignment specs)
http://ephatch.com/forum/showthread.php?s=&threadid=10058

AznPower
04-16-2003, 10:43 AM
YES get a camer kit and an alignment before its too late. i had to learn the hard way. if u don't the inside of your tire will wear and if your not careful it will pop and cause a very bad accident. so go get your alignment NOW.

LHD_EP3
04-16-2003, 11:40 AM
Okay, thanks for the advice. I have an appointment on Friday to have my car aligned and I am purchasing a camber kit for the rear
also. I am concerned that since my car isn't at stock specs anymore, can they do the alignment correctly if at all?

esmith13
04-16-2003, 11:43 AM
What's the drop (in inches)??

anything over 1" needs rear camber kit and anything 2" or more in front/rear needs camber kit in front and rear.

Don't get the alignment until you have the camber kit if you need one! You will just have to do it all over again!!!

Eric.

LHD_EP3
04-16-2003, 11:51 AM
Drop is 1.8 in front and 1.5 in rear. I was just gonna do a front end for now because my steering wheel is crooked. The rear has a little negative camber but barely visible to the eye.

esmith13
04-16-2003, 11:58 AM
1.8" needs a front camber kit, definately..., the 1.5" rear is boarderline needing one... But just because you can't see it, dosen't mean anything. Last time I checked, my eye was not sensitive to a wheel tilt in 1 degree incraments.

As far as straightning the steering wheel, that can be done without a camber kit. That's a different part of the adjuetment... The "toe" I think...

Hope it helps....

Eric.

simann
04-16-2003, 07:43 PM
ok, I just bought my Progress Sprins from showstoppers....I dont have them yet but anyway...

When I install them and all that jazz, I know I will need a camber kit, so I will buy / install that, then go get my alignment, and be on my marry way.

I got it...thank god, but dang the alignment and camber are another 200 bucks easy!

ep88
04-16-2003, 10:57 PM
im just wondering, im gonna have my springs/camber kit installed probably 2 weeks from now. do i have to get an alignment right away or do i have to wait for my springs to settle before getting an alignment.... or get it aligned after the install then get it aligned again after the springs have settled? :o

97gsr90si
04-17-2003, 06:05 AM
You may want to re-read this post. There is new info.
http://ephatch.com/forum/showthread.php?s=&threadid=10058

simann
04-17-2003, 06:55 AM
Thanks Man!, you answerd all my questions and concers for that matter. You were very clear and concise!;)

97gsr90si
04-17-2003, 07:11 AM
You are most welcome!

chakra71
04-17-2003, 02:04 PM
I have exactly the same thing with my steering wheel after putting on the progress springs. I'll get an alignment once i get the camber kit for the rear.

I tried searching, but couldn't find what i was looking for, so i'll ask this here. a while back i saw a post for some camber bolts for the rear that you could get from honda (i think). If anyone remembers this post and could help find it or knows the part number and specs for it that would help greatly.

TIA

chakra71
04-17-2003, 02:08 PM
<<slaps forhead>>

doh. i must have been drunk last time i tried to search. just found some info and they don't seem to be what i'm looking for.

http://ephatch.com/forum/showthread.php?s=&threadid=7650&highlight=camber+bolt