PDA

View Full Version : Autometer Tach install

SiCivic2k2
04-16-2003, 01:52 AM
Okay, I'm trying to install an Autometer tach. (I know I know) Anyway, I have all the wires hooked up except the one that goes to the distributor. I can't find it! lol I don't know which wire the green wire goes to. Can someone please help me. I have been up all night trying to figure this out. Thanks!

Okay, I finally got it after 5 hours, but anyway. I'm not too impressed with it. I mainly got it for the shift light so I could watch the road more instead of watching my tach for the perfect shift point, but I went out for a test run and the light never flashes when I want it to. I set it at 6.5 it lights up at 6. I set it up at 7 and I redline before it lights up. I've tried other rpm's as well and none of them seem to light up at the right point. I was doing better just watching the tach before. It also changes sometimes. I'll set it at 6.5 and then when I go to change it to something else it would be at 6. I don't know yet... it's late. I'll mess with it some more tomorrow. So far I'm not very impressed though. :(

dw735
04-16-2003, 09:47 PM
mine lights up exactly when i want it to. works great and more accurate. i got hte lunar series which do u got?