PDA

View Full Version : Concepto body kit: Petition

minimay7
04-16-2003, 04:03 PM
Hey guys... (and girls). There is this company called concepto in Korea that makes bodykits for Hyundai cars. My friend is their US corspondant. I heard from him that their goal is to expand their company to US so they can work on other cars than Hyundai cars.

Honestly, I am not a big fan of their Tiburon bodykit. But, I think their Elantra GT kit makes the car look awesome. And they are known for quality work. They use what's called RTM (Resin Transfer Molding) to make their kits. Aparently, Viper, and Corvette use same method to make their body.

I was wondering... If you guys are interested, I want to kinda start a petition for them to consider to make a body kit for our beloved EP. If they are not ready to invest in making the prototype model, at least a design study for the EP.

Check out their site at www.concepto.co.kr (http://www.concepto.co.kr) And start writing your opinion and request for some awesome bodykit for EP on this thread. I will relay this site to that friend of mine.

Here are the pictures of Elantra bodykit they made.

minimay7
04-16-2003, 04:45 PM
Sorry Guys. I think the Picture I had here took too much attention from the main point. I took it down.

LordKoo
04-16-2003, 11:23 PM
Cool! Sign me up!

AkronSi
04-17-2003, 05:29 AM
I think a design study is in order. :D

Something not super outrageous, and it's always nice to have some different options.

hamlet9634
04-17-2003, 08:51 AM
Originally posted by minimay7
Here is a Elentra GT kit with Si...

um... I dont' think this kit goes with our EP... But, the point is these guys are capable of making an awesome kit with excellent quality. anyways...

god damn that's an fugly...

but it gave me a good laugh, thanx

PRODIUS
04-17-2003, 09:45 AM
I love that chop job.With a few small modifications, that front bumper would look really cool on an EP. I like the blacked-out lower section and the intergrated fog lamps.

I would buy one.

minimay7
04-22-2003, 12:04 PM
:rolleyes:
I dont' think 4 petition signed will make an impact...

Come on guys~ We need more good looking kits for our EPs on the market. I don't mean to make the market saturated with ricey FF ones....

RiceCzechs
04-23-2003, 08:11 PM
Its an interesting looking kit, and one that warrants attention (certainly different from the other EP offerings), but I think that it makes the front-end of the car look too big (I realize the PS'ed pic is on a bad angle for that, too, btw), particularly in view of the fact that the EP already has somewhat oversized headlamps... put in those huge driving lights, and it looks a bit overwrought.

Still, it definely has potential...

minimay7
04-24-2003, 12:08 AM
Maybe I should make myself clear one more time.

I only put that picture as an example. That particular kit was made just for Elantra GT.

My point was if Concepto can make Elantra look that good, I am sure they will do awesome job with our EPs.

EPTree
04-24-2003, 09:43 AM
Didn't get to see the Pchopped version of it on an EP, but it makes that Elantra look awesome. Wonder if we could get them to listen to this forum and design a kit soely to make our cars look less like a minivan, but not like some spaceship either.

minimay7
04-24-2003, 11:22 PM
Wonder if we could get them to listen to this forum and design a kit

I'm telling you.... If there are a lot of numbers of people posting here as a petition, I will hand the site address to my friend who is the US corrspondant for Concepto.

But, it seems like half of posting is done by me... Come on people, don't you want a high quality kit? They also ship their kits painted. And it's still way cheaper than Japanese kit companies. But, the quality is really high. If not better than the Japanese companies.

EPTree
04-28-2003, 02:57 PM
I guess we'll get serious when they get serious. Sketches or something. Can't say anything till we see some goods.

minimay7
04-29-2003, 01:47 AM
:rolleyes:
Um... I don't know if you know how the business is ran in the real world... But, it's exptremely hard for these small companies to invest in a new product. Especially when they don't have any foothold in a market. Only reason I have this thread going is because my friend happens to be a US contact person.

I can assure you... companies such as Concepto will not risk their business by spending money and time into the unknown market. Considering the poor sales of SIs in US, I think it's time for us to swallow our pride and really ask these companies to bless us with good products. Especially when there are hardly any good body kits available for our beloved EPs.

So... all you EP lovers. drop a simple line of your desire to see a new body kite here!!! I say if we have about 50 signed up, they will show some interest!!!

BlackNRedSi
04-30-2003, 09:08 AM
i agree...why did the hatch si do soooo darn bad on sales? it always amazes me that i always buy a product (usually cars) that turn bad sales...but am still attracted to them! WTF

anyone can answer this question?

Thanks

eric

EPTree
04-30-2003, 09:12 AM
Well as a business owner, I know that if they want to occupy a niche market, they need to rouse OUR interest. It doesn't work the other way around. Tell your contact person that some of us are interested, which we are, but we're not going to say "Hell, we like the kits you've done for other cars so if you make one for us, we'll buy it!" Doesn't work that way. If THEY'RE interested in providing us with kits, they can make some effort and show us what they can do. It would take only a little R&R and artist time to come up with some concept sketches.

minimay7
04-30-2003, 06:26 PM
why did the hatch si do soooo darn bad on sales?

Well, I can think of three reasons....
1)Bad Marketing. Honda is not known for having a good marketing team period.

2)no automatic transmission options. I personally think the invention of automatic transmission is a downfall to this industry. it brought too many un-appreciating and novice drivers on the road. Anyways, having no automatic options always lowers the car sales numbers

3)Hatchbacks are not popular in America.

Well as a business owner, I know that if they want to occupy a niche market, they need to rouse OUR interest. It doesn't work the other way around. Tell your contact person that some of us are interested, which we are, but we're not going to say "Hell, we like the kits you've done for other cars so if you make one for us, we'll buy it!" Doesn't work that way. If THEY'RE interested in providing us with kits, they can make some effort and show us what they can do. It would take only a little R&R and artist time to come up with some concept sketches.

Well you are absolutely right in saying that if they want to occupy a niche market, they need to rouse OUR interest. But, I think you are missing the point of this thread. Just because we have a petition going on doesn't mean we are going to buy their product. It's simply telling them that there are serious people who are interested in seeing a product from this specific company. I also mentioned that Concepto is not established enough to make it to US market yet. As a business owner, you must understand that you can't make an untimely, risky investment. Right? This petition is sort of like an encouragement for them. If thier first foreign product is for our EP, how awesome would it be? Also, it's an opportunity on us EP owners to make a personal connection to this particular company just because I have a personal connection with the insider. It's a previlageto ask them our request. Not our right to ask them to do what we want them to do.

EPTree
04-30-2003, 09:12 PM
Then sign me up.