PDA

View Full Version : To anyone with an amp under the seat

Marcivi
04-16-2003, 06:21 PM
I had my SRS light come on about a month ago and finally got it down to the dealer (also had an alignment done) to have it looked at. The HMFIC (Head MoFo in charge) down there told me that my amp was producing RF fequencies that interfere with the Side airbag sensor making the SRS light come on. I got charged $35 to be told this and they still didn't reset it or check it out for me. I was told that I needed to have my amp relocated in the back. Luckily, the shop that did the install said they'd relocate it for nothing.

Has anyone heard anything about this happening or had it happen to them?

-Jack

Jaws Of Death
04-16-2003, 06:51 PM
I have a US Acoustics amp under each of my seats, and my SRS light was on because the shop unplugged the connection. This had to be reset by the dealer (he did it for free) and only took a few seconds. My SRS light hasn't come on since.

Jaws Of Death
04-16-2003, 06:52 PM
woohoo!!! first post. Greetings all :D

Jpax
04-16-2003, 07:04 PM
I have had my amp under my seat for a long time and have not had a problem

fsugatorbait
04-17-2003, 01:36 PM
Originally posted by Marcivi
I had my SRS light come on about a month ago and finally got it down to the dealer (also had an alignment done) to have it looked at. The HMFIC (Head MoFo in charge) down there told me that my amp was producing RF fequencies that interfere with the Side airbag sensor making the SRS light come on. I got charged $35 to be told this and they still didn't reset it or check it out for me. I was told that I needed to have my amp relocated in the back. Luckily, the shop that did the install said they'd relocate it for nothing.

Has anyone heard anything about this happening or had it happen to them?

-Jack

Thats absolute BS. The SRS light came on because while the seat connector was disconnected the ignition was turned on probably to test the amp...I had the same problem when i put my amp in and asked the same question here and here's the link I was advised of to reset the light http://www.honda-tech.com/zerothread?id=264288
Hope this helps.
Phil

jaydub
04-17-2003, 01:47 PM
c'mon, my interior looked like THIS and I had no SRS light come on. :D

http://www.dubfusion.com/car_audio/raammat/raammat_08.jpg

The only reason it would come on is if the car was turned on (if not started) with the seat not plugged back in.

oogy-boogy
04-19-2003, 06:31 AM
Yup....They just need to reset it. Mine is under my seat as well. No problems whatsoever.

pimp02
04-19-2003, 08:31 AM
i did same,tested stereo without seats in car.paid,they said becouse of stereo intall.it wasn't covered. i had to remove all my rear components to get water leak fixed, but i noticed they had to buy new panel,cause there were no drill holes that i had made.

BarracksSi
04-22-2003, 01:53 PM
So,

If I put the seats back in & reconnect the SRS stuff before turning on the ignition (or reconnecting the battery, for that matter), the light won't come on?

fsugatorbait
04-22-2003, 01:57 PM
Originally posted by BarracksSi
So,

If I put the seats back in & reconnect the SRS stuff before turning on the ignition (or reconnecting the battery, for that matter), the light won't come on?

Exactly!

BarracksSi
04-22-2003, 07:56 PM
Yay!

Sounds like yet another reason to disconnect the battery before working on stuff, then reconnecting it after everything's been put back together.